Sony announces God of War: Ascension – first info, video

Thursday, 19th April 2012 03:45 GMT By Staff

Following an Amazon-sprung leak, Sony has jumped the gun and announced God of War: Ascension, with the first teaser showing a still pretty angry Kratos.

In what is probably the worst kept secret in gaming, God of War: Ascension is coming from Sony Santa Monica for PS3, the company has announced this morning.

Ascension will, according to Sony, lead us back to the “origins of Kratos as he takes his first steps on a now legendary quest for freedom.”

Todd Pappy will become the series’s sixth game director, following in the footsteps of David Jaffe, Cory Barlog and Stig Asmussen. Pappy will take part in a live chat on the US PS Blog regarding the game on April 30.

The announce follows teasing for the past week on the game, featuring aa teaser image from the PlayStation Facebook page.

The image was stored on SCE America’s servers with the file name “ps_gow-teaser_12371_hp”.

Amazon sprang the game before its official 2pm reveal today.

The teaser and shots from it via Sony are below.

[Original story by Brenna Hillier, contributions by Johnny Cullen]

1. Razor

It’s on my radar, but hope SSM change it up a little bit. Combat feeling a bit stale now. Look forward to seeing more at E3, I guess.

2. FahedJ

Looks really good. Can’t wait for the full reveal.

3. xino

finally!

we all knew it’ll be GOW related and we are happy!
    best part is that it is for ps3 and not vita!

but the problem is, it isn’t GOW4 but before Ghost of Sparta:/

although the good thing is that it will open more back story.
    Also Apollo is in this game.
    Remember the costumes for GOW3? I Believe those guys will be in the game.

can’t wait! MY GOD, the graphics will be tremendous!
    GOW3′s graphic was just too sick.

4. Telepathic.Geometry

I’m definitely interested, but I hope that it’s got a reason for being beyond just that everyone wants to see Kratos again… Radically different mechanics would be welcome.

5. Sini

niiiiiiiiice, this looks like a prequel, so we wont be stuck with kratos the tard, might be even the game about how he got tricked into you know what that was only in cgi form during the first game

6. polygem

makes me :-)

7. Christopher Jack

Never got into the GoW games, perhaps I like more depth, button mashing just isn’t for me. I like exploration, freedom, variety & I think that’s all very limited in the GoW series although I don’t know for certain because as I said, I really just never got into it.

8. Sadismek

@7 I got the same feeling. When I bought this game, I had really high expectations, everyone told me that the graphics are awesome, the gameplay is great, etc, etc. But it’s just another button masher. Played about 3 chapters and pressed the eject button. Now it just gathers dust. Yeah, the graphic is amazing, but it’s a button masher beautifully masked. I never got into it either.

9. mojo

7, 8: on casual mode its a button masher
    play on hard/very hard. its not a button masher

im stoked! i hope they dont change anything in the gameplay.
    same mechanics. maybe some tweaks here and there, but overall pls leave god of war gameplay exactly as it is.

definatly hyped and so day one!

10. Joe Musashi

I never understood the ‘button masher’ criticisms of this game. If you mash the buttons then what you get is a button masher, sure. You can maybe get away with that sort of play style on easy and normal levels. Same applies to Street Figher – that’s just a button masher too, I guess.

JM

11. Erthazus

I don’t know. For me this is looks like a milking material.

Dunno why they don’t just make God Of War 4 at this point.

12. KAP

Absolutely agree with you there mate.

GOW series is huge for a reason, any radical change will just piss people like me off, with that said the only thing that has upset me is that it’s NOT God Of War 4… Really fucked off about that but hey. Can’t have it all.

Can not wait for E3 now.

13. Patrick Garratt

GoW 4′s got to be next gen, innit.

14. kdogdayton

@11 agree, the need to do something different. Introduce a new character or something, love the mechanics and combat but Kratos is just a bit old

15. Gadzooks!

Yet another Kratos-based GoW? Yawn.

GoW sure is yielding a lot of milk for Sony.

16. The_Red

A rather… Casual reveal. Seriously, these types of games usually get Game Informer cover treatment with a much bigger splash.

Also, WTF is the teaser talking about? We had the origin of Kratos and his family in God of War 1, God of War CoO and even God of War GoS. We have seen his family, days before he was “White ghost of sparta” and more. Are they going to do a retcon or something?

17. Colin Gallacher

PS3′s swan song confirmed!

18. Johnny Cullen

Confirmatroned and stuff.

19. StolenGlory

Whilst I personally love the GoW titles for their OTT physicality and pulp-violence, I just don’t see what they can squeeze out lore-wise here – especially given that we’ve seen two prequels/spin-offs already and it’s not exactly the most dense narrative around.

Whilst I would like to be surprised, I just don’t see how much more blood they can squeeze from the proverbial stone.

And here I was thinking that would be The Last Guardian :)

20. Da Man

Zero depth, repulsive protagonist, terrible art style, craploads of qtes and lots of button mashing. Oh and mini games.

Meh.

21. Gadzooks!

#20

You get to have sex in a minigame though! Sweet sexy sex, just by mashing a button over and over. Thats not weak ‘gameplay’, or sad and deeply embarassing at all…. is it?

Makes a change from pulling peoples heads off by mashing a button over and over I suppose.

22. KAP

Your comment has little depth but I appreciate it all the same.
    Give me your most beloved title and I’ll give you someone who’ll say “meh”
    The release date to this cant come any sooner. CAN NOT WAIT!

23. Hellhound30x

EXCITED I AM! SANTA MONICA STUDIOS DOESN’T KNOW HOW TO FAIL! THIS GAME WILL BE BEAST!

24. Da Man

#22 – You don’t need depth to state obv things, when even Jaffe admits that.

I’m more than sure you ‘ve already done that, buddy.

Spot on, #21.

25. polygem

@20. GOW has an oldschool gameplay formula. it is pimped out to the max and to perfection though. the gameplay is fluid as hell. it is a great game for what it is. i usually hate overly agressive/ brutal videogames but i can truly enjoy GOW. the artstyle isn´t terrible at all imo, many people say that about halo too and i don´t get it. look at the cutscenes in GOW III – they are really great! the late level SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!where kratos is in the dark, with the red on his skin in contrast to the black of the level. beautiful artdesign.

26. freedoms_stain

Da Man has nominated himself new King Asshole. Disregard.

27. DeyDoDoughDontDeyDough

Kratos. Is greatos.

28. daytripper

@26 he is entitled to his opinion

29. Johnny Cullen

Added the trailer to our YT and Sony’s sent some caps. They’re in the gallery.

30. freedoms_stain

@28, yeah, but when your “opinion” follows a distinct pattern you’re giving it just to be an asshole rather than any constructive purpose, if it is in fact an opinion and not just flat out being an asshole.

31. Da Man

Google vaseline, freedoms_stain. While you’re at it, check out the anti-paranoia pills.

Yeah, ‘thank you for proving my point’. This is where the pills come in.

I just don’t like this game, you know.

32. freedoms_stain

@31, trust me bro, I’ve had you in the asshole column for a while.

33. Da Man

It’s okay, same here, bro.

34. daytripper

how is he an asshole? just because he didnt enjoy god of war? oh come on, i’ve seen a lot worse here over the years and havent seen you having a go at others. i dont think the series is all that so far either but willing to see where they go with this one.

35. viralshag

Played the first game, enjoyed it. Played about 10 minutes of the second game and felt pretty tired of the combat at that stage. Bought GoW3 because I felt like I had to with it looking so nice and all. That one lasted about 20 minutes.

Not really a series for me I’m afraid. Might give GoW3 another go at some point though, might have a different opinion.

36. mojo

35:
    play it on hard.
    on normal its dull coz health and magic is obsolete on that difficulty.
    GoW realy starts to shine on hard or even very hard.

37. Dark

OMG YEEEEEEEES
    FinallY!!!

38. viralshag

@36, I’m pretty sure I did play on hard… I tend to always set a game to the harder setting if it’s unlocked. If it was one of those cases where I had to finish it on normal first, then there’s no way I would go back and do it again.

Either way, if it was on hard, it still felt like a button masher.

39. Joe Musashi

You played GOW2 for 10 mins and then stopped? GOW2′s opening half-hour is stupendous.

JM

40. viralshag

I must have been been over exaggerating… maybe it was about 13-15 minutes of the button mashing combat. I honestly can’t say I remember every detail, most likely because I don’t remember all the things I don’t have much of a liking for.

I’m sure it went something like this though: INTRO – COMBAT – QTE – COMBAT… Eject.

;)

41. absolutezero

Even though GoW is looked down upon by most of the other spectacle fighters (DMC, NG, Bayonetta etc) I still feel it has a place in introducing people to the genre.

Its like a gateway game to much better things. Its stupid, brash, spammy and enjoyable. You play, you kill dudes, Kratos shouts at things, you kill more things, do some QTEs etc etc.

If you are already a fan then its good to be able to play a genre you enjoy without having to concentrate constantly, just spam Square and roll about.

42. viralshag

@41, I would agree with you there. I have started playing Bayonetta lately and that’s quite intimidating combat-wise compared to GoW.

I actually wish I didn’t bother borrowing a mates PS2 to play the original(s) and just went straight to GoW3.

43. Moonwalker1982

It really wouldn’t be a bad thing if they have changed/improved the gameplay mechanics of the game. GoW3 looked amazing, don’t get me wrong, but gameplay wise it really felt like the PS2 games.

I have yet to start with GoW3 though, hell, i have yet to finish 1 and 2. I have the HD collection, so i should get to it.

44. reask

Funny thing is gow3 was my first ever button masher.
    I found it tough as nails on normal.
    Got to the end boss and had to put it back to easy to finish it.

I really enjoyed it though.

45. manamana

Prequels. Thisgen seems all about them, as the developer often don’t know where to take part 4. So hopefully we will see a new wave of IPs for the next generation of consoles and therefore new gaming ideas. Not that I would mind a Tomb Raider prequel, though.

46. loveaya

The sequel of a crap game…

47. lexph3re

Wait… WHAT? did you guy’s really say Bayonetta was depth filled compared to GoW? I understand it’s opinions and all but GTFOH! Bayonetta was pure button mashing friendly(because you could only start on normal!) QTE riddled stupid mini game filled and a story that even playing it 5 times through still make’s no damn since!

You HAVE to be shitting me if you consider that game harder/better then GoW on any note.

48. Clupula

Can’t wait for this, although I do wish it was Kratos killing off the Norse and Egyptian gods.

49. Clupula

@47 – even as a God of War fan, I have to say that Bayonetta is way harder and better than any game of the God of War series, save GOW2. And you could change difficulty in Bayonetta as soon as you got out of that prologue.

As for the story, Bayonetta’s story was supposed to be silly and over-the-top. If you expected some Kratos-level gravitas, you were looking at the wrong game.

50. lexph3re

I just didn’t feel bayonetta was hard at all. It was more annoying then hard from botched camera angles. And the only thing I spent the most time on in that game was the dumb mini games with the missle and bike that were way to nostalgia based.

The game didn’t let me change the difficulty till after I beat it. And I was wondering why I was playing the damn thing about 20% into the game. But I told myself I would play it all the way through because of the praise and worship it got. It was just plain torture in the end. And that whole the story wasn’t meant to be taking seriously is bullocks. It’s the biggest cop out that a dev and fans can say when the story is just pure crap. Every ninja gaiden games story(outside of 3) isn’t meant to be taken seriously but atleast the methods he get’s to his destination pulls the set pieces together nicely. Bayonetta’s just didn’t make any damn since they just threw her places and then said “Hey guys enjoy this level of enemies and pointless progression.”

You know what I need to take a breather Bayonetta discussions really get under my skin I need to woo sah!

51. Da Man

David Jaffe shares this ‘opinion’.

Disgusting tbh.

52. OrbitMonkey

I’m hopeless at GoW and don’t like Kratos… Big bald angry, hiding deep rooted insecurities and a latent homosexuality behind excessive acts of violence… Can’t even hang off a beam for more than a few seconds either, if I remember GoW 1 correctly…

How I wish this was a 360 exclusive and the ps3 had Master Cheif :-(

53. Maximum Payne

I love how its become like trend to hate on popularized sequel. Typical comments :
    New Cod – same old shit over the top,micheal bay …..
    Gta 5 – GTA 4 sucks ,boring cousin missions, san andreas was best
    Asssasin Creed – I stop caring for story ,doesn’t make sense…
    God Of War – its just button masher(like you think so hard in DMC or ninja gaiden)…
    Medal of Honor – cod clone sucks ,same killstreaks ,same small maps..

54. stretch215

@53. Fucking spoiled bunch, aren’t they. Sometimes I wonder why some of these people bother gaming at all.

55. lexph3re

@53 and 54 +100

Also, what latent homosexual things have you been seeing :-/? I think the obvious sex scenes give tone to heterosexual tendencies.

56. OrbitMonkey

@55, He’s a Spartan. Spartans slept with their wives out of duty, but otherwise took male lovers. It’s hiding this from his prissy North American fanbase that leads to his excessive frustration.

57. viralshag

@53, How is calling it a button masher a hate trend? True, I’m not a fan of the game but I would still call it a button masher. Just like I would call Bayonetta a button masher, which I prefer.

I would rather be a somewhat “typical gamer” that doesn’t have to love every game that comes out just because it IS popular.

@54, How are people spoilt if they PAID for a game and decided they didn’t like it? Not like people are just given games for free are they?

58. Joe Musashi

@55 C’mon man. Kratos has been wearing a skirt in all his games. He wears pretty heavy make-up too.

@57 Good point. They’re not spoiled. It’s not like they’re petitioning to get the game’s ending changed or anything!

Much as I enjoy the fluidity and graphically visceral nature of the combat in GoW I’d say Bayonetta is a far more refined combat engine.

JM

59. StolenGlory

“C’mon man. Kratos has been wearing a skirt in all his games. He wears pretty heavy make-up too.”

Yeah he wears make up; the ashes of his family burned into his skin.

Not quite Loreal Paris is it? :)

Seriously though, I agree on the Bayonetta comment – I love GoW for it’s spectacle, but I prefer the former for it’s fighting system.

60. viralshag

@58, Yeah, good point JM. As you’re generalising “gamers”, which petition did you sign?

VS

61. absolutezero

The difference between GoW and DMC/Bayonetta is that you can button bash in all of them but the later have a much more deep and rewarding combat system if you spend the time with it. GoW lacks that completely, button bashing is enough to get through everything with a bit of rolling.

The more complex Spectacle fighters take alot of stuff from the fighting game genre, like counters, dodges, move cancelling etc etc etc.

On the higher difficulty modes all of those are needed and rewarded. GoW does not even attempt any of those things. Theres a huge difference in the experience between the two.

Bayonetta is kind of different to NG and DMC in that the difficulty modes are tailored to what kind of game you would like, you can get through normal with little trouble using basic combos. Crank the difficulty and like DMC it will start pushing you alot, which then leads you onto learning the ins and outs of each weapon set and move list, learning to dodge and counter effectively, witch time, hidden areas, secret bosses, secret weapons, weapon switching, move cancelling and so on.

Cranking the difficulty on GoW just makes the enemies hit harder and have more health, nothing about the way you play it has to change because theres not all that much there in the first place.

Thats not a bad thing, its just different. Like Conan or Wolverine Origins, its shallow but its a hell of alot of fun to play.

Like this for example, this is just not possible in a God of War game because the tools available just are not present. Like I said theres nothing wrong with what God of War is but its uncomparable in terms of depth and complexity.

62. Joe Musashi

@61 Cranking the difficulty on GoW just makes the enemies hit harder and have more health.

Erm, no. Button mashing won’t work on harder levels. You actually have to use better timing, breakers, positioning and an overall more considered approach to combat.

Sure, it’s not up there with the likes of Bayonetta or DMC3 but the combat system isn’t as simplistic as is being claimed.

JM

63. lexph3re

Yeah, I just watched that and honestly outside of the witch time it looks like a speed run. In GoW on harder difficulties you get enemies with more health and they swarm you making the most spammable things irrelevant. It still does take hell of time just like Joe said. Only difference is GoW doesn’t have items to push it’s envelope further which actually shows that bayonetta is more comparable to DMC rather then GoW

64. absolutezero

I button bashed my way through Hard with the same combo repeated but I had to be a slight bit more careful on Titan only because of how much damage the enemies did, not that they were doing anything different just hitting harder and taking more punishment.

Good old Square Square Square Triangle got me out of most things and if I ever got into trouble I just sperged Rage and killed everything.

I don’t really know what you mean by not having items, healing things maybe?

Even the weapons never made all that much of a difference in GoW each of the weapons (and styles in DMC) changed how the character played and controlled. All the weapons in GoW controlled in almost exactly the same way (apart from the bow obviously) and even had the same combo inputs.

Nah bury your head if you like but theres a huge difference between the technical entrys of the genre and GoW.

65. Charlie Sheen

They should just cancel this game and make a god of war with Egyptian mythology because like erth said, this sounds like they are milking god of war now.

66. Gadzooks!

Even Dante’s Inferno had a considerably better combat engine than GoW3.

I played the two back-to-back. GoW first: Breezed through with only tricky bit being the stupid annoying hanging block level with minotaurs breaking the support chains.

Then DI, which was a sharp slap to the face. I had to use different weapons, combine cross attacks and use the vastly more in-depth magic/upgrade system. Eventually I had to drop a difficulty level but I still couldnt get away with the lazy combo repeat I used in GoW.

Also, no combo cancelling in GoW sucked. Combined with the input lag it felt like fighting in tar.

Pretty cutscenes, but pretty poor gameplay overall.

67. Christopher Jack

@66, Bet your opinion would be different if Microsoft had made GoW.

68. absolutezero

I actually just spammed my way through Dante’s Inferno aswell, levelled Cross attacks just battered everything into submission. Stupidly over-powered and ranged. DI was just a horrible cynical attempt to copy what God of War had done.

It failed for the most part. Even the level design was dull and for a game based on Dante’s Inferno thats pretty depressing.

69. mojo

lol, DI.
    Fail.
    Sorry.

67: hes trolling.
    DI only has one weapon.
    So he surely had a hard time switching weapons. Which would explain his opinion that DI is harder and more demanding then GoW.
    (and dont even start with the crosses and the first weapon u loose after the first boss encounter in favour for the real weapon – im talking about serious meele weapons – i dont count the bow in GoW as a weapon. GoW has 4 weapons, the 4 primary meele weapons.)
    all in all DI is a blatant GoW clone in all and every aspect, besides that it only features one real weapon.
    The whole game screams “Im a complete copy of GoW”. Which again isnt bad at all.

anyways:
    “Sony’s confirmed it will hold a God of War: Ascension live stream on Monday, April 30, following the PS3 sequel’s announcement this morning.”

Yeah!

70. Da Man

GoW was a blatant Rygar The Legendary Adventure clone from the start, so anyway. It’s all good.

71. Charlie Sheen

its funny how people say halo is being milked and stuff when from 2005-2012 there has been 8 god of wars…lul

72. absolutezero

I have no idea how they fucked up the Wii Rygar so much.

73. lexph3re

Funny because I actually found a metric fuck ton of combos in GoW3. Alternating between hades blades and the electic ones had me build up crazy combos. And the gauntlets with the legion summons covered a lot of the lag in the gauntlets.And mixing hermes boots/sandals into combos also gave a ton of variation. I’m sorry you spammed one move in GoW but I pretty much spammed the same combos in Bayonetta and DI too.

I’m not burying my head at all when it comes to the methods used to play the games. I just know that GoW combo system is pretty much as capable as others if you use something called IMAGINATION.

74. lexph3re

umm there’s only been 5 where this would be the 6th @ charlie sheen. Halo has Halo 1,2,3 halo wars, halo reach, halo odst and halo 4 coming out that’s 7

75. Bojangles

@71 This is the 6th GoW game to be announced.

Troll harder, Lolshock94.

76. lexph3re

I also did a courtesy and left out halo combat evolved anniversary remake

77. Charlie Sheen

Chains of Olympus
    God of War
    Ghost of Sparta
    Betrayal
    God of War II
    God of War III
    God of War: Origins Collection
    God of War Collection

78. lexph3re

Umm the hd remakes don’t count towards the series. They are the same games so those are knocked off. And betrayal? really you went with a micro game?

79. Charlie Sheen

@78 Why not? the story still connects with the other games.

80. Gekidami

Counting the 4 old games simply rereleased? Thats pretty sly and dishonest, of course you know what that means; Halo CE, 2, 3 Halo Wars, Halo Reach, Halo ODST, Halo Anniversary, Halo 4, and (hell, why not) Halo Waypoint. Well hotdamn, that be 9.

81. Christopher Jack

In that case you include Halo Anniversary which also raises the total to 8. Now stop arguing about irrelevant things, business is business, making any game, sequel or not, is intended at milking cash from us consumers who vote with our cash. Of course we’re always allowed to disagree with whether or not it deserves the amount of cash the title pulls in, but once again that’s irrelevant.

Now if you wanted to be more anal, you could also include the PC ports & the Mac port as different versions. Now grow up.

82. Bojangles

@80 You’re forgetting the Halo 1 and 2 releases on PC. After all, same game on a new platform = new game. Right?

83. Charlie Sheen

HALO 9 games in 11 years

god of war 8 games in 7 years

seems legit

84. Gekidami

Lets not forget Halo CE Xbox Originals, and of course Halo CE on MAC.

85. Bojangles

@84 Oh, and whilst we’re at it, I guess it’s worth noting that Halo 4 was announced as the start of a new trilogy.

86. Charlie Sheen

@85 gameplay of halo 5 and 6 or it didnt happen

87. Da Man

On the other hand, how many times Bojangles has been milked?

Counting all aliases?

DM

88. Gekidami

Indeed, so Halo 5 & 6 straight to the list. So thats 15 Halo games either released across multiple platforms or already planned to come out. And its not even worth going into all of the spin-off merchandise (books comics, toys, anime/cartoon, movie, whatever else…).

89. Bojangles

@86 Point reticle a blue alien, shoot. Shoot again. Shoot some more.

Believe

Good job bringing up Halo in a God of War article. No, really.

90. Charlie Sheen

@88 well you never no MS could loose 4 billion dollors and may never make a halo game again so halo 5 and 6 cant really be counted
    @89 smash x, square, circle and triangle
    god of war lul

91. Bojangles

Platform troll status: CONFIRMED

92. Charlie Sheen

@91 how exactly? ive played all god of wars there good games but sony is milking god of war and you no it since your only reply was troll

93. Da Man

In a fight between Bojangles, The Chameleon and Kerplunk who would win?

Does Bojangles have more aliases than vg247 permabans or vice versa?

Who is Bojangles?

To ban or not to ban? That is the question.

94. Bojangles

@92 Yeah yeah. I’ve read you troll and then say PROBLEM? /trollface plenty of times before. Not convinced by your plea.

You try to troll based on franchise entries. Get beaten down. So you troll from another purile angle.

Guess we’ll just have to wait until you start with your hilarious homophobic japes again huh LOLshock94?

At least you have one fan. I guess he’ll stick up for you. Shame his own rep ain’t all that hot.

95. Charlie Sheen

@93 be careful what you say about bojangles, he may call the internet police

96. Charlie Sheen

@94 aaaaarhhh i was going to make a thread of that later but lets start it now, homophobia is someone who is afraid of homosexuals so how does saying “fag” and “gay” make me homophobic when about 100% of my comments were stuff like “this games gay” or just simply writing “gay” did i ever say such and such is “gay” or “fag”? and the video that got me banned was purely banter.

97. Da Man

Bojangles was a huge fan of thetackyarse though. I wonder why.

So anyway..

98. manamana

Omnomnomnom, ha-crpsh, omnomnomnom, zzzpslrp, grgl, ahhh.

99. Erthazus

You know, i’d better have 100 games like God Of War which have fantastic visuals, interesting lore, great mechanics (someone likes mechanics from Bayonetta more, someone don’t. For me, i like both. But i hate at the same time Enslaved and shitty Dante’s Inferno for example), simple but visually creative puzzles, interesting QTE moments that works for the gameplay, fantastic soundtrack.

Than games like Halo which have interesting lore and soundtrack, but everything else just sucks huge ass. Dialogs are incredibly stupid, shooting mechanics are horrible and slow for the running and gunning gameplay from games like Tribes/Unreal with arcadish vehicle mechanics and empty level design in 99%, horrible alien design from some childish book, even Halo 4 (2012) for the first time will have 720p resolution. How can you make a game on the current gen that looks so crap and at the same time have resolution below HD is just beyond my imagination or all Halo fanboys are playing in SD resolution in 2012???

My point is, stop fanboyism and milked or not it depends on the quality of the game. In the end no one cares and buy all the sequels.

I called the GoW:Ascension milked because really, i don’t see the point to make another prequel. We had Ghost of sparta and other stuff so there is no point.

God Of War 4 probably will be for PS4, but come on…

100. Da Man

Yeah, yeah.

Dialogs are incredibly stupid,
    Coming from a person who would rate MGS as the epitome of art.

running and gunning gameplay from games like Tribes/Unreal
    which came after Marathon and cloned Halo.

horrible alien design from some childish book
    Coming from an 26 y o anime fan.

Reach ran in native 720p.

Sigh. Another tedious, inane (www.googletranslate.com) deluded post.

Me no speaky engrish.

I’d rather have 100 Bojangleses than one retard.

101. Charlie Sheen

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

102. Da Man

My point – if Erthazus aimed to show that Charlie Sheen’s posts are far more intelligent than his, well he succeeded.

103. Da Man

So anyway..

I actually hated how Bayonetta took some ideas on bosses from GoW and the such. They really should’ve not borrowed that, it doesn’t suit Platinum’s game.

104. YoungZer0

Mhm, this is boring.

I think Sony reached the same point Capcom has reached with DMC, they have no idea where to go with the world and the characters. The solution is so freaking simple though.

A.) Let Kratos be the bad guy.

Let’s be honest there is no redemption for Kratos, he started off as a man full of rage who still understood who he was and what he has become.
    God of War 2 shat on all that. He became a stupid child. Always mad that he didn’t get his favorite toy, always pushing for a fight.

Introducing Kratos as the main villain would open up so many paths. There are so many people who’d want Kratos dead, so many people he killed who could’ve had a family member. A son or a husband who wants to see him dead.

B.) Take the fight to different Mythologies. Norse Mythologies for example. Simply perfect. New environments, new weapons, new enemies, simply a completely new art-direction.

105. OrbitMonkey

@CharlieSheen/lolshock94, Homophobia is the range of negative attitudes (fear, contempt, loathing) that some people direct or feel about homosexuals.

So yes ascribing “Gay” as a derogatory term, or insulting someone by using the term “fag” does indeed fall into the homophobic category.

All of which you knew ;-)

106. Charlie Sheen

lul i always for homophobic was someone who hated gays but ohh well

107. OrbitMonkey

I’d like to see GoW taken into this direction, much more of a challenge for Kratos imo.

108. polygem

funny link!

109. mehdidante

is there any GOD left for him to kill ?

110. protito