Polytron “aware” of certain issues with FEZ, working on a fix

Saturday, 14th April 2012 19:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

FEZ developer Polytron Corporation has said it is aware of issues being reported with the game on Xbox 360 and is working with Microsoft to get the problems resolved as quickly as possible.

According to the developer, some of the issues stem from a small subset of “older Xboxes with smaller hard drives” not being able to “tun the game at all,” and other users are reporting the game has trouble running off a USB stick.

Crashes are also occurring in “specific levels or situations,” and in a “rare situation, exiting the game from the “wall village” interiors,” results in an “unstable” save file.

Polytron said it currently doesn’t have an ETA on the patch, but considering the game had “more testing done in the past 24 hours by about twenty thousand people than it had in five years,” bugs were liable to pop up.

It apologized for any issues which may have occurred, and said to contact support for any issues not listed.

1. barchetta

So far, just some bad stuttering of the soundtrack, and then only in specific locations. Will be interesting to see how my saved game holds up!

2. G1GAHURTZ

10 out of 10, eh?

A definite case of the emperor’s new clothes, here…

3. Lloytron

@2, its a great little game, well worth the asking price.

4. G1GAHURTZ

Sorry, but I genuinely don’t see the appeal.

I think Bomberman is probably a better game…

…the SNES version.

5. MFBB

Question of taste as always.

I dont see the appeal of CoD/Battlefield etc either, those are crap boring games for me.

While this is great, just as Braid/Limbo/Journey and so on.

Those indie games with a special appeal/art or features are often better then the usual blockbuster crap.

6. G1GAHURTZ

Fair enough.

The main problem that I have here though, is that this game offers just a few hours of very straightforward gameplay.

There’s no multiplayer, little or no story, and we’ve seen similar gameplay since the 80′s.

From a technical perspective, I’m lost as to how this game is getting such high reviews.

7. aseddon130

This is nothing but fair, a small studio with a great little game can only do so much focus testing, they don’t have the resources that Activision or Sony have to test the game to death.

I played about 45mins of it and i liked what i played, eager to play more soon enough :)

8. Lloytron

@6 Straightforward? Have you played it?

9. G1GAHURTZ