CD Projekt announces loads of Witcher-related goodness at Spring Conference

Thursday, 5th April 2012 19:52 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

CD Projekt RED announced during it Spring Conference today that those who currently own Witcher 2 on PC will be upgraded to the Enhanced Edition the same day April 17 it releases on Xbox 360.

It will be whopper though at 10GB, but you can download 95% of it starting April 11.

The firm will also be handing out 1000 free copies of the game to be reviewed. To get one, you need to head through here and explain why you need a copy before April 9. If you are accepted, you will receive it on April 12.

The original Witcher is now also available on Mac exclusively through Steam, and an interactive digital Witcher comic is coming to iPhones and iPads April 17.

The best part? Readers can “swipe their fingers across and have Geraldt slash a foe with his sword, or pull down a woman’s blouse” for free.

Finally, on April 17, those who have purchased the Witcher 2 can download a free digital backup copy through GoG which will give you access to a 100% DRM-free version of the game no matter where you purchased it.

Shew. That’s a lot of good Witcher related news!

Thanks, GameFront.

1. endgame

Yup. I’ve seen the conference. These guys are amazing. This is how you treat your customers. Some publishers should take note.

2. YoungZer0

Wait what 10GB? 10GB for what? The Patch?

3. Gekidami

^ Apparently.

4. YoungZer0

@3: That’s insane! It better be worth it. I hope they upload the patch everywhere and in all kinds of variations.

5. HighWindXIX

Thanks for being awesome!

P.S. So when’s the PS3 version coming out? I would hate to buy a 360 again just to have them announce a PS3 version the moment I swipe my credit card…

6. YoungZer0

@5: Probably no PS3 Version at all.

7. Keivz

Amazing. Really above and beyond what anyone would expect (or even what we gamers deserve). I bought this on launch (preordered) but haven’t had the time to play it. I think I’ll just download the GOG version and save myself from updating the disc version.

8. Dinasis

From how I understood the presentation, the patch size is from a combination of the new content, both gameplay and cutscenes, and data pertaining to the reworked engine, the engine itself and the reworked game assets. I was kind of surprised as well, though because I’d been hoping they’d patch in the engine updates as well, but never saw any proof one way or the other until the conference. Still, they only mentioned the new gameplay, cutscenes, and game assets explicitly.

9. Maximum Payne

I think one of the reason why is 10gb because to ”prevent” little bit piracy or how to say, better service to provide to customers.
    They said something similar even before game was released.

10. back_up

at least someone trusts PC pirates other than zynga
    demon souls >>>>>>>>>>>witcher
    combat = roll geralt roll geralt roll geralt roll geralt LMAO

11. Mike

@4 What do you mean, “it better be worth it?” Why? You don’t want a free patch basically giving you hours more gameplay and a complete graphical overhaul? It better be worth your time? As of course, your time is so damn precious.

Don’t download the patch, don’t play the game. It’s not for you.

I suppose these are the kinds of people who petition BioWare for a new ending?

12. _LarZen_

@11 Take a chill pill Mike, you know some people dont have a fast fast internet connection and 10gb could take days to download.

I think that’s why YoungZer0 hopes it’s worth it.

13. Mike

I still don’t get it. Even if it does take days to download, so what? It’s free. I mean, three posts down from this one is a comparison video.

14. Mike

ANyway, I was CD Projekt nerd rage over-protective mode.

Now I’ve calmed down, for anyone who is wondering if the 10Gb DL is worth it, look at this vid – http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ofrsmmRxOsE#!

15. albo88

no ofnese but the British English is boring
    i have to skip many dialogues with different charter in this game its a cool game but the voice over is trash

16. Mike

The voice acting is probably some of the best in any game ever.

But yeah, more US accents are needed to make it more realistic, I guess.

17. albo88

i will not coll it some of the best
    i mean come one a part of the story telling cut screen the dialogues with peoples in villages side quests are so downgraded that feels like a different game

18. Mike

I mean Vernon Roche, Geralt and the other central characters.

19. DSB

The accents were quite brilliant. I don’t think I’ve ever seen northern irish voice actors in a videogame before.

20. absolutezero

Jesus I hope that guy never plays The Last Story.

21. YoungZer0

@11: … you’re a moron.

@12: Thank you.

22. Mike

I’m a moran.

23. absolutezero

Mormon.

24. Kabby

Bourbon.

25. LOLshock94

^To far….

26. Hybridpsycho

@4 You’ll be able to start downloading it like 15 days before release, only 95% of the patch though. But this should make you a ‘lil happier I think.