BioShock Infinite gets confirmed October release

Thursday, 1st March 2012 13:04 GMT By Johnny Cullen

2K’s will release BioShock Infinite on October 16 in the US and October 19 in the UK and other international regions, the publisher announced today.

The Irrational shooter has been in development for four years on PS3, 360 and PC, but was announced back in August 2010 and has become one of the most anticipated games of 2012.

“After BioShock, we had a vision for a follow up that dwarfed the original in scope and ambition,” said creative director Ken Levine.

“BioShock Infinite has been our sole focus for the last four years, and we can’t wait for fans to get their hands on it.”

Infinite tells events set before the original BioShock, where you play Booker DeWitt in the skies of Columbia in search of companion Elizabeth in the midst of a civil war between the Founders and Vox Populi.

1. triggerhappy

HUH? At one point this was supposed to be early 2012… I had it down for march 30th. Hmmm tiny bit dissapointed here :(

edit: is oct 19 not the same date as Colonial Marines… damn it i defos can’t afford both LOL

2. Colin Gallacher

@1 I think only shop had it down at that rough date.

Excellent news!

3. Dragon246

Waiting ………
    1,2,3…..7 MONTHS AWAY?
    How am I going to live till then?

4. Moonwalker1982

Oh my, that’s a long time to wait. But i’m not gonna complain, we have so much good stuff coming up in the meantime. So october has…

Bioshock:Infinite
    Far Cry 3
    Borderlands 2

5. Fin

Far Cry 3 is the start of Sep (4/6), Borderlands 2 in the latter half of Sep (16).

6. Dimaco

@1 yeah, I also had a note for a release ‘around march’, which became irrelevant as the date was approaching.. Well at least now we have an actual date to look for!

7. nofear360

With Assassin’s Creed 3 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter already set for an October release, I don’t know why 2K went with this date. Why not August?

8. LOLshock94

cant wair
    @1 awwrrr shit :(

9. Maximum Payne

I just love when is dry till September then everything comes out.
    I hope Hitman would release earlier

10. OrbitMonkey

Can’t believe this game is set in a American Civil war! How utterly boring… Really should have gone for the Shogun era Japan, soooo underused….

Oops, wrong thread.

11. Maximum Payne

@10 Hahaha good one.

12. Prof.Dr.Moertel

Damn, October’s gonna be expensive again…

13. Edo

@10 :) .

14. speedxl01

For what I have seen of the game,it seems to be really good.

The PS3 version will have Move and 3D support, and will include on the same disc the original Bioshock 1.

15. osric90

What do we do until it’s October now… buy Mass Effect 3, Silent Hill HD Collection, Devil May Cry HD Collection and finish our unfinished games, getting every little extra, because of our OCD? Anyway I hope Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Bioshock Infinite and Resident Evil 6 get released close to each other so I can buy them all in a single purchase and pay no US shipping fee. Oh, I need a vacation.

16. Moonwalker1982

The Witcher 2
    Risen 2
    Ghost Recon : Future Soldier
    Max Payne 3
    Dragon’s Dogma (maybe)
    Darksiders II
    Spec Ops: The line (maybe)
    Far Cry 3
    Borderlands 2

And if you have a Vita, like me…Gravity Rush in june :D

17. TD_Monstrous69

I know where I’m gonna be come October 16, playing this on my PS3 (but first, picking it up at GameStop, then, playing through the original Bioshock because it comes bundled with the PS3 version of Infinte, and I never beat it, got up to the part before you meet Andrew Ryan).