Thu, Jan 12, 2012 | 01:08 GMT
UK developed Brink, Arkham City among WGA Awards nominees
The Writers Guild of America has selected a blockbuster lineup of games for its annual awards.
In a line-up usually dominated by US contributions, three games stand out. Brink ambitiously tackled the difficult task of presenting a balanced narrative in a game about oppositional forces, and was penned by the lovely Ed Stern of the UK’s own Splash Damage.
Another UK-grown favourite, Batman: Arkham City, scored a nomination for its fan-pleasing exploration of the DC Comics canon.
Assassin’s Creed: Revelations is another non-US entrant, developed by Ubisoft Montreal and closing the stories of two beloved protagonists ahead of Assassin’s Creed III.
This year’s WGA Awards take place on February 19 in Los Angeles. A full list of nominations and credits for the gaming category follows.
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations, Story by Alexandre Amancio, Jean Guesdon, Corey May, Darby McDevitt; Multiplayer Story by Stéphane Blais, Richard Farrese, Jeffrey Yohalem; Lead Script Writer Darby McDevitt; Script Writers Richard Farrese, Nicholas Grimwood, Corey May, Jeffrey Yohalem; Greek and Turkish Ambient Dialogue Writer Vincenzo Beretta; Ubisoft
- Batman: Arkham City, Lead Narrative Designer Paul Crocker; Story Written by Paul Dini, Paul Crocker and Sefton Hill; Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Brink, Lead Writer Edward “Bongoboy” Stern; Bethesda Softworks
- Mortal Kombat, Story by John Vogel, Brian Chard, Dominic Cianciolo, Alexander Barrentine, Jon Greenberg; Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, Written by Amy Hennig; Sony Computer Entertainment