Blizzard releases Mists of Pandaria talent calculator

Friday, 25th November 2011 07:44 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Blizzard’s released a talent calculator for World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria. The release will let players experiment with future skills and talents, which aren’t final, ahead of the MMO’s newest expansion when it eventually releases.

Thanks, Gamefront.

1. Gurdil

This calculator has been on Wowhead for a while. I hoped this one would have the Monk’s talents since it’s on Blizzard’s website…

2. OrbitMonkey

The only thing you need to calculate is just how much you like Po, from Kung fu Panda.

3. noherczeg

Not like I’m that lazy, but a link to the calculator could have been a bit comfortable for the viewers :P

4. Gurdil

@2 I guess it’s just for the joke but people have to remember that Pandarens actually existed before Kung-Fu Panda.

5. OrbitMonkey

^ doesn’t matter, Kung Fu Panda made the bigger cultural splash… Besides do you really want to be the guy always explaining that?

6. Gurdil

@5 Of course not, but at least WoW players should know that. That’s actually the first time I say this on vg247 I think and it will be the last but I’m surpirsed people are still saying pandarens copy kung-fu panda, that’s all.

7. GwynbleiddiuM

well, people are stupid or just trying to be. Pandarens existed in the lore before WoW, in fact there are many races in Warcraft universe that are humanoid hybrids that resemble animals. Like the Tuskar, Taurens, Furbolg, Wolvar, etc, etc.. Yet, we still have the stupid Kung-fu Panda shit.

Anyway, there ain’t much to calculate in this talent calculator. You just grab something you like or perhaps more relevant or maybe something that help your raid build. everything else is irrelevant.

8. OrbitMonkey

Yeah, yeah Pandarens came first… & when ever I see one I think “Kung Fu Panda”.

9. Gurdil

@8 Well that’s not weird at all. As you said, the cultural impact was bigger for Kung Fu Panda. But it’s awkward that Blizzard gets so many comments about them stealing it, that’s it. It’s like one of my friends was listening to Pink Floyd the other day and he said “Well that reminds me of The Entrance Band” but he wouldn’t go and say “Hey Pink Floyd copied The Entrance Band”. That’d be the dumbest thing ever! Do you catch my drift?

10. DSB

@8 Well, in the same way nothing’s stopping you from thinking of Tolkien or Dungeons and Dragons whenever you see an orc, Aliens when you see a Zerg, or Warhammer whenever you see a Space Marine.

It’s totally up to you and your ability to put things in their right place I guess :P

11. Gurdil

Oops bad comment sorry. No way to delete it rather than just editing it?

12. Esatzu