DC Universe concurrent players up 1000%

Tuesday, 8th November 2011 00:22 GMT By Brenna Hillier

In the wake of the game’s transition to free-to-play, DC Universe Online continues to attract massive attention.

“We are over 1000% of our pre-F2P concurrent numbers,” Sony Online Entertainment CEO John Smedley revealed in a tweet.

The sudden influx of new players has caused headaches for the game, too.

“We’re very aware of the long queues and other issues. We’re on it,” Smedley continued.

“We’re working on adding more hardware and working on our servers so we don’t have them,” he explained.

DC Universe Online went free-to-play on November 1, and by November 3, had attracted 120,000 new players join and a 400% increase in concurrent users.

The game is available on both PC and PlayStation 3.

Thanks, Massively.

1. xino

its crazy man
    and annoying me too cuz I can’t play it.

I hate those heroes man!

now I know what it feels like to be a villiain.
    you are on your own and some annoying idiotic hero attacks you and defeats you:/

it sucks being a villain:)

2. lexph3re

lol Man I’m a Villian and it rocks! of course im also a telekenetic martial artist lawl. I have been patient with the game overall good to see its getting all this love it deserves it. Now back to queuing my spot lol

3. Clupula

@1 – play on the PVE servers then. You can just go to the Hall of Doom to switch over.

4. viralshag

I have actually been playing it as i got the Legendary version for a limited time I think. And I wanted to try the light powers, they’re pretty cool.

5. blackdreamhunk

the game should have free to play like guild wars or diablo to begin with or a one time purchase.

6. monty12345

is it any good?

7. Phoenixblight

THe game is pretty fun but it has very little to endgame to do so then it becomes do you want to create another toon or keep playing the same character with very little to do.