Modern Warfare 3 fronts star-studded live action trailer

Sunday, 6th November 2011 21:59 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Meet the Vet and the n00b, two every-day Call of Duty players who happen to be celebrities.

Produced by Los Angeles advertising agency 72andSunny, the 90 second trailer was directed by The Kingdom and Friday Night Lights director Peter Berg.

It stars Jonah Hill of Moneyball and Get Him to the Greek as the n00b, alongside Australian Avatar lead Sam Worthington as the Vet – among others.

Modern Warfare 3 releases on November 8, which is tomorrow in the time zone I occupy, on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

1. OrbitMonkey

Hang on… They trying to say grenade launchers are for noobs?

I LUVS ME PRECIOUS LAUNCHER!!!

2. Dralen

Noob cannon ftw.

3. Ireland Michael

*yawn*

4. tmac2011

better than the black ops commercial, trolls piss me off. but i don’t car. this is what i like to play. sorry you guys cant handle a good game :P

5. OrbitMonkey

I would bet a not small amount of money, that Ireland would be creaming his knickers if this ad, with those actors, had been for a certain other military themed fps ;)

6. Charlie Sheen

yeah irelands a gay troll who hasnt nothing good to say about any cod related newa

7. Yoshi

You can’t talk Sheen, you do the same shit with Battlefield 3

8. Charlie Sheen

@7 did i? i think ive said few thinks but i havnt completely trolled every bf news.

9. OrbitMonkey

Charlie… Is that you? Your grammer is fucking terrible tonight… Your not drink typing are you?

10. Ireland Michael

@6 I don’t have anything good to say about things I don’t think are any good.

It’s not the hardest logic to understand.

11. Charlie Sheen

@9 Trying to watch Daredevil and type at same type, hardest thing ever.
    @10 Then that’s trolling…

12. OrbitMonkey

@Charlie, I know how you feel dude… Watching Daredevil is a fucking chore :(

13. Ireland Michael

@11, No, it isn’t.

Trolling is the act of doing something with the DELIBERATE intent of getting a reaction out of people. I’m simply expressing an opinion that happens to a negative one.

If people choose to react in a dramatic fashion to that, that’s their choice. It says a lot more about them than it does about me.

14. OrbitMonkey

@Ireland Michael, Sophistry thy name is… er Ireland Michael… Damn thats less dramatic when i put “@Ireland Michael” at the front like that :(

15. Charlie Sheen

@12 defiantly is mate, its just complete and utter wank.

love you xoxox

@13 Cool story.

16. viralshag

Sam Worthington is an awesome dude.

/Man crush…

17. Ireland Michael

@15 You forgot the “bro” part.

18. Charlie Sheen

@17 No I didn’t because your not my bro, bro.

19. daytripper

not feeling the hype

20. G1GAHURTZ

Who’s the noob tuber at the end? Is he famous?

21. OrbitMonkey

@daytripper. I’m not feeling it either, but after all this time i’m not buying into it for the hype. I LIKE the MP. My mates LIKE the MP. I’m buying it FOR the MP.

Though if the SP is good… That’d be nice ;)

22. daytripper

i’ll end up being sucked in , predicting my friends list next week about 95% will be playing MW3 as some will nag at me to get it or rent

i’d love a 3rd person game to have such a big online community though

23. OrbitMonkey

@daytripper. Myself, i’m not keen on 3rd person pvp, so lucky me eh? But i will say if thats your thang, your choices are slim… For the PS3… Erm Uncharted 3 is decent online. Fast, Fluid… Though tactically lacking in the deathmatches, just run, shoot, then melee.

The 360… Errrr Gears? Shit i don’t know…. Though there’s hope with the upcoming Mass Effect 3. Yeah its CO-OP, Horde mode type stuff, but if Bioware get it right…. GOOD SHIT COULD HAPPEN :)

24. Ireland Michael

@22 Just… don’t buy it?

What are you, 12? Peer pressure will convince you buy something you don’t actually game about? Really?

“i’d love a 3rd person game to have such a big online community though.”

Ummm… Gears of War, maybe?

25. daytripper

no i’m not 12

i like gaming with my mates, they are in the fps crowd mainly but gaming with them can be a good laugh so i might get a cheap copy or rent sometime. that’s it.

gears online has solid numbers but not near the cod/b community

26. OrbitMonkey

I remember MW2 having a 3rd person MP mode… Would it be possible from a dev point of view, to give one gamer a third person view and another gamer a first person view in the same game online?

Surely that’d be the holy grail?

27. daytripper

tried mw2 3rd person, thought it was shite lol

transformers wfc had a great online but the numbers went down quickly after three/four months thanks to black ops and reach.

warhawk on ps3 is fantastic but as someone who prefers xbox live it’s a bit disappointing there is no game of that calibre on 360

28. OrbitMonkey

@daytripper, You need to start a petition for Microsoft to punt up the money for a HALO version of Warhawk mate :)

That’d be FUCKING AWESOME!!!

29. Ireland Michael

Uncharted 3 is probably your best bet for now if you want an active multiplayer 3rd person shooter, by the sounds of it.

30. daytripper

@28 now you’re talking although i fear any response from ms would involve a e-mail about kinect sports 2 DLC

@29 yeah uncharted and gears will do me fine, i just like a moan once a while (everyday)

31. OrbitMonkey

@daytripper. Kinnect Beach Vollyball, Halo deathmatch, nekkid edition!!

*made by TeamNinja of course*

32. G1GAHURTZ

26:

iirc, you could do that in GRAW. It’s 3rd person by default, but you can change it to 1st in the options.

Incidently, GRAW used to be have of the bigger communities on XBL, but I think Ubisoft were just benefitting from a lack of competition…

33. AJacks92

@20: Dwight Howard. NBA player.

34. G1GAHURTZ

Thanks, AJacks92.

35. Len

That is a brilliant ad, m8 just sent me it. Made me chuckle… :)