Battlefield 1943 not included in Battlefield 3 PS3

Wednesday, 26th October 2011 03:10 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Sony and EA have reneged on an offer to include a free copy Battlefield 1943 with the PlayStation 3 version of Battlefield 3.

Asked about the missing content, The Battlefield 3 Twitter replied:

“In lieu of 1943 being available on disk for PS3 customers, EA has made all BF3 expansions available early to PS3 customers.”

A week-long exclusivity period for the PlayStation 3 version was announced in late September.

Sony announced the Battlefield 1943 content at its E3 2011 press conference.

Thanks, Mike!

1. DarkElfa

Cheats! Charlatans! Backstabbas!

2. ASBI

so this means it wont be available ? no code to download it for free ?

WHAT A BUNCH OF MANIPULATIVE SONS OF BITCHES

why didnt they mention this earlier ????

oh wait, maybe they didnt even mention it til some guy checked the ps3 version and exposed them.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

WELL , CHEERS EA , U WONT HAVE MY MONEY FOR THIS ONE, EVER !!

3. Ireland Michael

@2 Did you see it mentioned on back of the box?

If not, I don’t see what the problem is. Simply don’t buy the game.

4. TD_Monstrous69

Yea I was wondering what happened with that when I picked this up last night at midnight for my PS3. Ah well, at least there’s a great game in the box that makes up for that.

5. OrbitMonkey

@3 Was it mentioned in a press conference? Was it promised online? Was everyone told last minute when they finally got the chance to look at actual packaging? Do you not care as Battlefield is your baby?

Yep
    Yep
    Yep
    Yep

A week long exclusivity? Shite. The 1st set of dlc for free would have been more apt.

6. Deacon

The Dark Souls backtrack was a little annoying, as is this.

I actually WANTED the physical goods with DS though, whereas I couldn’t care less about 1943.

It’s still bad form.

7. Gekidami

Wow, so they only announce this the day before the release in Europe, and the day after the US? And only as a reply to a question on twitter rather than an actual official announcement, so in other words EA were perfectly happy to just leave players scratching their heads, wondering where the content was.

See, its shit like this that makes EA the most dishonest games publisher in my books.

8. ASBI

and people has been complaining about how all COD dlcs are unreasonably expensive

15$ for a dlc ? SO WHAT ? at least they dont say it is worth 5$ and steal the other 10$ behind my back

YES, thats practically what EA did …

9. polygem

it´s not too bad that bf1943 is not included. BUT what is totally unacceptable is to tell with a big mouth it would be and then cancel it a day before launch…did they forget? not a good sign. wake up ea. first 2 bf3 dlc´s for free then right. you gotta pay for your mistakes to learn. that´s life.

10. Gekidami

I dont really care about 1943, in fact i already own it (and its crappy), but i’m really fed-up of EA dicking me (and gamers in general) around and pulling crap like this. If this news would have come up before yesterday -when i was charged and the game was sent- i would have canned my order. Now its to late, i cant be bothered going through the whole refund process.

11. John117

@8 EA gave me all the map packs and downloads for free since I bought the limited edition of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Activision on the other hand kicks me out of the game if I dont pay their map packs.

12. Gekidami

^ They really didnt though. They gave you some maps they cut from the final game (and by all accounts were locked away on the disc), then activated news modes on already existing maps, you’d have to pay for this btw if you got the game second hand, pay to have modes on maps already on the disc. The only real new map pack for BFBC2 was the Vietnam pack, did you get that for free?

13. Fin

You don’t get kicked out of the game if you don’t have the extra map packs, you don’t get the option to play them.

14. OrbitMonkey

@11 So yo waiting 9 months to buy the limited edition of a old game, makes it ok that EA pull promised dlc from a new game, with no other warning than a Twitter broadcast?

failing to see the.connection tbh o_O

15. aseddon130

Yeah, buy the new Battlefield game to play the old one … that makes sense.

16. Erthazus

“15$ for a dlc ? SO WHAT ?”

Nope. It’s 15$ for the few shitty small maps.

17. Charlie Sheen

nothing but fools and trolls.

18. Yoshi

They know they can only do a week long exclusive deal because PC gamers would rip DICE’s hearts out if it was any longer ;) Then doing an exclusive deal for PC and PS3 would just look really bad :P

19. Fin

True bro. I mean, when you can spend 500 hours on the original maps, why pay for new ones?

20. ASBI

@16 erth I dont give A fu*k about what ure saying

I wrote a very long comment on the other page but it didnt show up idk why

“It’s much better than anything this year”

u were saying the singleplayer is the best FPS singleplayer in 2011? how is that even possible ?

where is deus ex, RAGE, dead island, R3, KZ3 and Bulletstorm ??

“and will come from FPS games”

u see what u did here ?? u told the guy “you didn’t played SP from Battlefield 3 so you can’t judge” then what happened ? u judged all the upcoming FPSs THAT U DID NOT EVEN PLAY ! :D

thats why U can go to hell for all I care :D

21. StolenGlory

This never gets old.

Like, ever.

22. freedoms_stain

@12, half truth, map pack 7 was in fact a proper map pack, the rest were, as you said, existing maps retooled for game modes they didn’t support at launch.

23. GrimRita

haha. gotta love EA they certainly are a bunch of pratts. I’m so glad I wont be giving them any of my money.

Surely they must have known when BF3 went gold that BF1943 wasnt going to be included. Lesson to all, dont buy their muck or believe their PR BS again

24. viralshag

@20, If he is talking about the BF3 SP being the best thing this year he is sorely mistaken. It’s probably the weakest part of the game so far.

Edit: In my opinion, of course.

25. DarkElfa

@17, That’s OK Charlie, we always have room for one more.

26. stretch215

@24 totally agree. I gave the sp a go in-between server problems and, while not terrible, it’s the weakest part of the game by far. The eurogamer review is spot on.

27. sg1974

Shame for many. BF1943 is one of the best download games this generation.