Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition announced by Rockstar

Tuesday, 13th September 2011 16:34 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Rockstar has announced a Game of the Year edition for Red Dead Redemption for PS3 and Xbox 360.

The disc will include the full game along with all free and paid downloadable content packs released to date and all bonus content.

Here’s the rundown:

• Original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode.
  • Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and multiplayer modes.
  • Legends and Killers Pack, featuring additional multiplayer map locations, multiplayer characters, and the Tomahawk projectile weapon.
  • Liars and Cheats Pack, including the Stronghold multiplayer competitive mode, Free Roam gambling games, multiplayer horse races with combat, and the Explosive Rifle.
  • Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack, featuring two outfits with corresponding gameplay challenges for John Marston.
  • Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack, including six co-op missions for up to four players.
  • All original pre-order content, including the Deadly Assassin Outfit, War Horse, and Golden Guns Weapon Pack.
  • Solomon’s Folly single-player gang hideout and challenges available for the first time on Xbox 360.
  • Just-released Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, featuring fan-favorite multiplayer characters and all-new locations to battle in.

“We wanted to create a world that captured the spirit of the Western,” said Sam Houser, founder of Rockstar Games. “We are thrilled that Red Dead Redemption’s vision of the West resonated with so many people.”

Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition will be released at retail in North America October 11 for $49.99, and internationally on October 14.

1. triggerhappy

Heart skipped a beat there, thought it might have been for PC too :(
    Wonder what hardcore mode is all about…

2. CyberMarco

No PC love…? :’(

3. Stephany Nunneley

I’ve sent a mail to ask about it. I’ll let you know if they get back with me.

4. satsugai

FUUUUUUUUUU- I just bought it for PS3, it’s coming tomorrow. Ah well, wish Rockstar would port to pc though. :(

5. NeoSquall

@4 well, just buy the Undead Nightmare standalone disc and you get all the paid DLCs :P

Anyways, you have my simpathy

6. Stephany Nunneley

@4 If they decide to release on PC, I am sure they will announce it, but I asked again today anyway. I am sure they are sick of getting mails on the version, but, maybe if bugged enough…. :)

7. Phoenixblight

Rockstar already stated they have no plans on the PC version and yet people continue to ask about it.

8. triggerhappy

^ Things change. “Oh no, Goldeneye remake is a Wii exclusive.” ” No no no, GTA IV expansions are 360 only.” “Limbo will never see a release on PS3.” etc, etc.

9. Phoenixblight

Its been 1 year since release. Those examples came months after the original release not years. Even LA Noire is coming out on the PC months after release.

Just calling it like I see it.

10. triggerhappy

^ Your such a pessimist Phoenix LOL :P

11. IL DUCE

If anyone has not bought this game yet you now have no excuse not to…its an absolutely amazing game, its probably the best game I’ve ever played besides Fallout 3, no question it had the best ending of any game I’ve played…great deal for a great game with a bunch of great extra content…so go get the GoTY Edition when it comes out

12. HeavyD-Love

Hells yeah. Been waiting on the GOTY for this one.

Only question is……..which console version do I go with….lens of truth here i come!

13. Phoenixblight

I like to think of myself as a realist. Plus if they do come out witha PC version than I can be pleasantly surprised instead of horribly disappointed.

14. GwynbleiddiuM

I truly dislike Rockstar because fact that they treat PC Gamers like shit and blacklisted their Triple A PC development altogether. This game would have been awesome on PC with mod community and Rockstar is arrogant enough to ignore it. That is why I didn’t purchase RDR for my PS3 even though I truly wanted to have it.

15. DaMan

Didn’t every single Rockstar title eventually make it to PC?

16. Phoenixblight

Except RDR yes but they were 5-8 months after release of the console version.

17. Henry

>>>>Original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode.

Does that mean a new single-player mode, different from the original RDR?

18. HeavyD-Love

@14…..understand your frustration……but your loss on the console experience.