We didn’t run a shorts dump yesterday, because there weren’t very many. But today! It’s like somebody opened a portal to a very concise version of hell.
- Cave’s next iOS game is a social strategy offering called Castle Creator, in which y- look, mainly we care about the sweet trailer.
- In other iOS game trailer news, Baby Monkey Riding Backwards on a Pig is proving pretty popular.
- Ever played QWOP, the button mashing flash running sim? Some guy cosplayed that at Comic Con. It’s actually great.
- Nintendo has posted a bunch of media to the Japanese Zelda Anniversary site.
- Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva, the animated film based on the Level-5 DS series, will release in the US on Blu-Ray and DVD on November 8.
- Here’s a cool feature on Australian composer Mick Gordon from local telly effort Good Game. He works out of his home and still manages to contibute to massive international games. There’s hope, Oz! Thanks, Jessi.
- Assassin’s Creed action figures are coming soon.
- Sony has announced SingStar: Back to the 80’s. There is no escape. There will never be an escape.
- Drakensang Online has gone into open beta. Live out your draconic fantasies.
- In news sure to start comment wars elsewhere on the Internet, World of Warcraft has been patched.
- Speaking of WoW, there’s a new officially licensed Cataclysm mouse. Gamesradar got a chortle out of me with this one.
- Owl Boy! This trailer is beautiful, and there’s a demo due soon!
- Okay, so – someone took an OutRun arcade cabinet, right? And they strapped it to some sort of vehicle. And now it’s an augmented reality game.
- The latest Counter-Strike: Source beta brings controversial change! Gasp!
- Sony, Samsung, Panasonic and somebody else I’ve forgotten since I closed the tab are looking to standardise 3D glasses, which seems like a good idea. Especially if that means we can get rid of those dodgy polarised ones in favour of proper shutters.
- Some clever clog has made an Android app that lets you use your SixAxis controllers with games on your phone. Uhh. Because… because … I’m drawing a blank here.
- EA, I love you, but I’m struggling with this SSX mini-comic thing. “Snow feels good…”?
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.