A whopping great pile of Duke Nukem Forever DLC is on the way, free to original First Access Club members.
The Icons Parody Pack is due on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in northern autumn, and will come at no cost at all to First Access Club members who registered before the game’s release.
As detailed on the 2K Games blog, the pack contains three new game modes and four new maps, each with new weapons.
- Freeze Tag provides some of the most fun team gameplay in Duke Nukem Forever. Players cooperate to freeze and shatter their opponents in succession for huge point streaks and combos. See who can hold on to the babe the longest in Hot Potato and play free-for-all Duke style in Hail to the King.
- Call of Duke: Duke engages in modern combat in a war-torn city. Foes don’t stand a chance against the Duke when he spams the map with the N00b T00b.
- Sandpit: Players take the role of mini-Duke in a giant sandbox with two bases at either end made out of children’s toys. This map features Sticky Grenades.
- Inferno: Time machine engage! Duke does combat in a hellish landscape of lava and teleporters. Who turned on the 16-bit graphics, and more importantly, where did this DFG come from?
- 2Forts1Bridge: Hats? Duke doesn’t need no stinking hats. Give him a minigun and he’ll beat off all comers.
2K is hosting a preview event for the new content on August 4, and invites those in the vicinity of San Francisco to register their interest; hit the link above for more details.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.