Jawdropping BioShock Infinite E3 demo goes live

Friday, 8th July 2011 08:00 GMT By Johnny Cullen

This is probably going to be the favorite for game of the year next year. GTTV’s gone with the full 15 minute demo of BioShock Infinite that was shown at E3 last month.

The demo, which starts with the footage from earlier last week, shows Booker and Elizabeth try to escape Songbird, as well as find themselves on the Skyline a fair bit and within shootouts from the Vox Populi.

Saying it’s awesome is nothing short of an understatement. This is just knockout brilliant. You can see why it won so many Game of Show awards last month at E3 now. Give it a watch below.

BioShock Infinite launches in 2012 for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Johnny Cullen

Holyfuckwow.

2. themadjock

oh yeah, that’s going to be one emotional game….

3. KAP

“WOW” – in every sense of the word.

I know its a small detail but when your on the skyline and you hear the faint click,click,click on the rails; then you drop with speed, i almost get butterflies in my stomach… theres no other game i get that with. Fuck.

Its a shame more devs dont try to strive for this kind of detail and immersiveness in the games they make. Shame.

The story telling techniques they use in this demo will be talked about for years to come. Its almost seamless with the action. Totally Astounding!

4. naffgeek

Christ on a great big fucking bike!!!

Who says there are no new ideas in the FPS genre.

Sold to the man with drool on his keyboard!

5. chaos037

i think ken levine is tired of speaking the same thing over and over again to different press :p

6. Maximum Payne

Graphics look improved since first 10 min demo.
    @5 Every PR is tired :)

7. osric90

I cameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee… Oh my God, please let the days, weeks and months to go fast and let money be in my pocket to get this day 1!

8. mathare92

All I want to know is how long it will take to get that rail system in my Call of Duty. :P

In all seriousness though, that was amazing. And there wasn’t a single loading screen! Everyone’s talking about the atmosphere and characters (which are great obv.) but what I was most impressed there is how the tech handled the whole jump and zoom around mechanic so well. I bet Leadbetter’s impressed :)

9. HauntaVirus

Goodness sakes, I’m sold.

10. Erthazus

Looks amazing, my only problem that it is too scripted. I mean everything is scripted.

guy who demoed it played this level like hundred times.

and why is everything smooth? Because it is Unreal Engine 3.0. Models still look clunky, but at the same time on rails thingy looks really great.

I expect something like 95-96 on metacritic and GOTY unless we will see Half-Life 3 :D DOOM 4 next year.

11. Maximum Payne

@10 well if that is console footage game look more then great but if it is PC…
    On other hand ID games never going to be GOTY materials.

12. Erthazus

@13, RAGE is GOTY material.

13. Maximum Payne

@14 I really hope…

14. Prof.Dr.Moertel

I…..uh…I…umm… Shit, that was awesome!

15. Moonwalker1982

This is exactly what the FPS genre needs. Even though i don’t really wanna call Bioshock just a shooter, that ain’t right. But daaaamn, the atmosphere is absolutely incredible, i already can’t wait to explore around there. I really got nothing bad to say. I think the player will also be ‘bonding’ with Elizabeth, for a CG character she seems very lovable and one you’re no doubt gonna care about alot. Incredible…just incredible.

16. psybass

and you all said its not the best game of E3. in your face!

17. The_Red

Does anyone have a Youtube link or anything other than GT’s default player?

18. DGOJG

I know this is over used but I seriously mean it in this instance..

19. badboy_122

what the hell …no seriously ..what the hell :D

EPIC video …. WOW

20. Maximum Payne

@19 that is just interview :P

21. badboy_122

yeah yeah … my bad ..I was kinda hasty …sorry guys ;)

22. Mace

The difference between games that are actually any damn good and hyped mainstream is like between reason and believe, day and night.

23. xino

Captain Price’s brother

24. KAP

Oh god no. No COD references anywhere near Bioshock Infinite lol

COD is the pinnicle of unoriginal drab, and Bioshock Infinite is anything but…

25. guapo

AMAZING. Unfortunately this is quite a ways off.

26. YoungZer0

I really hope they tightened up the gameplay, if they didn’t i see no reason to play this. I was just bored with the first Bioshock, watching one scripted scene after another was not what i would call entertaining.

@10: I love how you ask questions and answer them yourself in the same comment. Some lonely fella you seem to be.

27. Nozz

That was an impressive demo, the game world is beautiful and well detailed and the skyline mechanic is such a great idea.

I felt immersed for the entire demo, lets hope the final game can be as exciting as the demo.