Capcom releases HD comparison video for RE4, Code Veronica HD

Thursday, 30th June 2011 10:31 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Capcom’s released a comparison video of both HD versions of Resident Evil: Code Veronica and Resident Evil 4. You can get it after the break. The video dates both games, known as the Revival Collection, for a September 8 release in Japan for PS3 and 360. Both games will get a digital release on PSN and XBLA this fall in the west.

Thanks, Siliconera.

1. Fin

Wtf, how did I miss this story originally?

2. alimokrane

@Fin: lol I said the exact same thing to myself! I had no idea these two were getting the HD remake treatment, that’s fantastic news!

3. Blerk

I still don’t remember the original Resi 4 EVER looking as bad as that. It’s like they’ve applied a “greasy shit filter” to it or something.

4. StolenGlory

Yeah, it’s actually a fairly crappy comparison to begin with. I mean, which ‘original’ version of Resi 4 are they comparing? The original Gamecube/PS2 SKU or the 480p capable Wii version? Then of course you have the issue that the Wii version running at 480p, was actually stretched out from it’s 4:3 source when it is run at 16:9 ratio; making the display quite blurry on the big-ass HDTV’s that we’re all used to nowadays.

Resi 4 looked like the dogs clangers back in the day on my 22inch SD 4:3 TV. I imagine that the HD versions will look just as good in our minds eye, but will likely sport no other real discernable improvements.

5. Blerk

Yeah, I played the Gamecube version on a 16:9 SD telly back in the day and it looked awesome. Tempted to dig it out and try it in the Wii, just to see if my memory is embellishing the truth or something.

6. mingtons ghost

code veronica was a great game on the dreamcast, but i was really annoyed back then that the took away the ability to shot off the zombies head and limbs. it was a huge deal not being able o blow there head or legs off with a shot gun…hopefully they’ll remedy that with the release

7. mingtons ghost

doubtful

8. Maximum Payne

This HD remakes should at least run on 1080p its really a shame that some of classics are just getting better resolution and call it re make :(

9. Zurtech

Cool get to see Steve Burnside die in HD. ^_^

10. OrbitMonkey

Hope they integrate Move controls into Resi4 as well as they did for the Wii. Resi5 was not very good apparantly.

11. Lounds

Worked well to me rez5 move

12. Dannybuoy

Can I be arsed to play RE4 again after having completed both the Gamecube and Wii version? Yes probably… :-) Although the hooded cult members in the castle garden and the castle level in general totally freaked me out.

13. 2plus2equals5

Am i the only one that prefers the blurry old versions? New versions make visible all the flaws of textures and models, they look cleaner but even lighter with less contrast(look at the face), they look flat.
    I expect other hd resident evil collections.

PS:

lol at the graphic difference between the two games

14. Dr.Ghettoblaster

That video does NOT do these two amazing games justice AT ALL.

15. ultramega

I certainly like the newer versions much better.

16. osric90

I want these in a Blu-ray disc for my collection, God damn it!

17. IL DUCE

That RE4 looks pretty damn good, I’m going to pass on Code Veronica…

18. DaMan

CV really doesn’t warrant a rerelease, I would enjoy seeing one of the first three games ported to Xbla though. And the original versions might actually look better in the end, it’s not like they’re going to change the lighting or something.