Limbo PS3 rated by Korean Ratings Board

Wednesday, 29th June 2011 14:19 GMT By Johnny Cullen

The Korean Ratings Board has rated a PS3 version of 2010 indie love-in Limbo. Sony Computer Entertainment Korea is the one who mate the listing. Previously released on Xbox Live Arcade last summer, developer Playdead had said it was working on a new IP, but insisted that Limbo was an “exclusive for life” on XBLA. Then again, so was Braid and Castle Crashers and look what happened. Just saying.

We’ll email Playdead. Thanks, GSW.

1. Blerk

Limbo was/is brilliant. The more people can play it, the better.

2. Razor

Dammit Sony, tempting me to put my CC info back on PSN again…

Guess I’ll have to get a £20 network card then.

3. Telepathic.Geometry

Yeah!!! I really wanted to play this when I saw it released and was even considering giving it to my mate as a “present”, and then playing it on his 360. :^D

4. Blerk

Don’t go looking for videos and stuff if you’re planning to get it. It’s a game that absolutely NEEDS to be played unspoiled.

5. Suikoden Fan

exclusive to 360 really has meant fuck all as this gen went on

6. Blerk

The same’s true of pretty much any platform these days, though. No clear winner this gen has basically meant that third parties are more likely to take the short term deal rather than the life-time lock-in.

7. Telepathic.Geometry

Not to worry, once I commit to buying something, I go into information blackout mode. For all I know Skyrim, Deus Ex, Batman Arkham City and Uncharted 3 could all have had the blood taken out, revamped with a female lead and cel-shaded by now. I have them pre-ordered, along with Dark Souls, and nothing will change that opinion, so I basically don’t know what they look like any more.

It’ll be a really nice surprise when they get here. :^D Or a really fucking awful surprise like what happened to me with fucking Assassin’s Creed II. :^(

8. Ge0force

ESRB initially rated the game for ps3 and pc too, but that was a mistake. But now there’s hope again :)

9. Aimless

This should be coming to PC, too. Steam was hosting a trailer for the game a while back and they’d have no reason to do so if it wasn’t going to be on their service.

10. jr512

Nothing stays exclusive unless its first or second party game y release a hit on one console while u can triple your money by release it on Wii,ps3,stream,pc playdead want to make money to keep their studio going

11. Maximum Payne

@9 It will come eventually because it far more easy to port from xbox.I mean if they could make it for PS3 they could make it on PC :P
    Also Steam got big Indy community.

12. xino

let me guess…Timed Exclusive again!

13. Dr.Ghettoblaster

PS3 only owners, this is FANTASTIC news for you! Trust me, trust the reviews, YOU WANT THIS GAME. It’s that unique. It’s that awesome. Hell, I may even buy it to go though it again and get the trophies.