LA Noire to launch on PC this fall with bumped visuals

Thursday, 23rd June 2011 16:05 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Rockstar’s announced a PC version of LA Noire, confirming it’ll release this fall after the console versions shipped 4 million units to date.

The game will be available at retail as well as a download version, and will feature 3D support, keyboard mapping, gamepad functionality and “improved graphical enhancements.”

The Team Bondi investigator was released last month on PS3 and 360. Rockstar Leeds handled duties on the PC version.

“L.A. Noire is a new type of game that makes players see through a detective’s eyes in 1940s Los Angeles,” said Rockstar boss Sam Houser.

“Its unique blend of story, action and crime solving will be perfect to play on PC.”

1. Maximum Payne

2. Erthazus

Thats huge. Finally.

“improved graphical enhancements.”

Fancy.

@1, Lonely Island – Obligatory :D

3. Patrick Garratt

@1 – :D

4. Edo

How about instead give as Read Dead :).

5. Heinekeno

I dont care even If they made it for family computer I wouldnt buy it.

6. Maximum Payne

@4 I actually want Noire more bacause its unique and RDR feal more like GTA which I get enough of it.

7. Hunam

I only bought it on PS3 because I thought they’d be no PC version.

Rockstar: It’s not too late to make RDR for PC. Get on that as well.

8. NeoSquall

I purchased it on console because I didn’t believe they would port it to PC (they haven’t with Red Dead, why would they do this?).

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

@8 lol, HIVE MIND

9. Erthazus

One thing that is great that it will have graphical enchantment. While facial animation was good, everything else suffered from a crappy textures, shadows, lightning and etc.

Now, it’s not an issue. :D show me TEH PC version in 1080P.

10. Maximum Payne

@10 Is there a chance for mod support like it was in GTA4 ?

11. Fin

Maybe if graphics quality has an impact on your enjoyment of the game, this isn’t the hobby for you?

12. Hunam

@12 Anyone who says graphics aren’t important is either lying or fooling themselves.

13. Erthazus

@Fin, The Graphics are entirely part of the gameplay.

Facial animation was a feature in this game (graphics|technology).

So GTFO please and play on the Wii or older systems. No one stops you.

@11, of course there will be mod support in the end.

14. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Wow. This is exciting given the game already looks amazing on consoles.

15. Hunam

L.A. Noire was even sold on the entire point of the graphics being life like. Graphics are a massive part of LAN’s charm.

16. absolutezero

“A horror movie with terrible special effects isn’t going to be as scary as it could be if it had good special effects is it? ”

Yes and theres a fucking long line of movies demonstrating this. Like Paranormal Activity for one.

17. DSB

@16 You’re not serious are you? Did you see the women and the children in that game? Not to mention the job they did on those buildings. Lifelike it was not.

The only thing it has along those lines is the facial animation, everything else is very much 5 years behind the curve.

18. Old MacDonald

I wonder what kind of improvements they’re talking about.

Anyhoo. I liked it on the PS3, but as a game (and as a story for that matter) it had some pretty big flaws. Glad it’ll be released on the PC, but it certainly won’t be an instabuy. Maybe when it’s $5 in a Steam-sale or something.

Red Dead Redemption OTOH, I’d probably buy the minute they released it for the PC.

19. Bikki

@10 You dare call the amazing lightning in L.A. Noire crappy? WTF man i know you hate consoles but jeez.

20. Hunam

RDR even felt like a PC game.

21. bpcgos

Looks like their console version aren’t sold quite well though, so they decided to bring it on PC (make it as a lesson : just dont put your hope to high when making console game that’s not more than shooting and or jumping/slashing,R*!)

Lets see what happened with the game with 6 months port effort they’ve done (I hope my time assumption was correct)! And please, never ever make the game as a lazy port on pc like GTA 4 was, it will be unforgetable (for me, at least!)

22. Maximum Payne

@22 Game sold more then 4 millions that very good for new IP.

23. Gama_888

Im not going to get into the whole graphics argument that tends to pop up everytime someone mentions anything about visuals.

but i cant see this being a huge graphical bump

24. Fin

Sigh

I didn’t say graphics weren’t important. If the graphics of LA Noire are “bad” enough to affect your enjoyment, then maybe you need to find a new hobby.

25. DSB

@23 I don’t know if I agree. That’s 0,8 million per year of production.

It’s alright, and I’m sure they’ll turn a profit, but I doubt that you want a lot of studios taking that long with those kinds of sales if you’re a suit.

Rockstar games seem to sell themselves though.

@25 Of course graphics aren’t part of the gameplay, but they are a part of the experience in certain areas.

LA Noire simply couldn’t deliver proper women, and that’s a problem when the script calls for a woman to flirt with you, for example.

26. deadstoned

YES! Hope GFWL is abandoned this time though :)

And hope Red Dead Redemption will be on the horizon soon, then they can bundle it with all DLC and expansion for free for making us wait so long ^^ .

27. NeoSquall

@26 Indeed.
    Yesterday I’ve been courted by Jennifer Archer… urgh.

28. Edo

Can’t wait to see one of these http://imgur.com/RsweF …or those…or that…not quite sure yet :P

29. Maximum Payne

@26 Well yea depend how long they are making it.But next game are going to sell better and its going to cost less so….

30. DSB

@29 Holy crap

That = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Xy1nI4Wzw

31. bpcgos

It says shipped not sold,I guess!
    check it here http://www.computerandvideogames.com/308825/news/la-noire-confirmed-for-pc-with-3d-support/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-News-RSS

32. The Evil Pope

Another mediocre console game for the PC then…

33. IL DUCE

@DSB – Also need to remember the game has only been out a little over a month, so its still selling pretty steadily and I’m sure by the end of the year it will have pretty impressive sales numbers…

And the facial animation from the MotionScan tech is amazing in LA Noire…I feel bad for those PC gamers who do not own a console and missed out on RDR though because that game was amazing…one of the most epic endings I’ve ever experienced in a game, great graphics and an amazing overall experience…Rockstar definitely should have did a port for the PC community

34. loki

Epic Rockstar fail. Minus one game to buy for me

35. YoungZer0

@10: Fuck that noise. Your obsession with graphics is getting ridiculous. Better graphics are not going to change a damn thing about this horribly boring game. The Graphics were never a problem, the animation however were, and so was the gameplay, the stupid story and the boring characters.

They should give us RDR instead of this shitty game.

Also:

36. sb319

You just can’t win with PC gamers. If you don’t do a PC version, they moan that you’re neglecting the platform. If you do a PC version, they moan that it’s just a console port. Either way they’ll find some feeble justification for stealing it online. Is it any wonder that publishers are increasingly treating the PC as an afterthought?

Also, of course RDR will come to PC eventually. Either be patient or play it on consoles, the choice is yours.

37. DSB

@34 Good point. Red Dead Redemption didn’t sell very well to begin with as I recall.

Then again, LA Noire is no Red Dead Redemption.

38. NeoSquall

@37 fuck off “itsucks”

39. sb319

?

40. YoungZer0

@38: According to Eurogamer, Red Dead Redemption shipped over 5 million units in May and June. As of February 2011, the game has shipped a total of 8 million copies. So far L.A. Noire sold 4 million units.

41. Erthazus

“Good point. Red Dead Redemption didn’t sell very well to begin with as I recall.”

you mean 8 million is bad? wow…

42. DSB

@42 It sold 2 million in its first two months. Ie a lot less than LA Noire.

The entire point was that LA Noire will probably sell a lot more, just like Red Dead Redemption did. Sorry if that went over your head.

@41 So yeah, by the looks of it, LA Noire is selling twice as much right now. Red Dead Redemption moved a lot more units after those two months.

43. Maximum Payne

@43 Lets finished this discusion.They wouldn’t working on PC version if they weren’t making profit :)

44. NeoSquall

@42 you kidding? BlOps sold 12 gazillions units in its first week…

45. DSB

I think CoD is in a league of very few brands that can actually do that. Same as EA Sports, and to some extent Blizzard. Rockstar is definitely there with GTA as well.

8 million is great for any game, though.

46. Maximum Payne

@45 So what ? Cod games are not ”standard” games they sell extremilly well just because some game don’t match cod sales games is not a fail.For example Darksiders sell 1.5 million, enough for sequel to make.Just Cause 2 sell around 2.5 mill more the enough for Avalanche studio to buy new studiol….

47. NeoSquall

@46 forgot to add my /sarcasm tag in the previous comment…

48. osric90

I have it on my PS3 and I love it the way it is. Lucky PC gamers. Should I feel lucky to have Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare Blu-rays too?

49. mehdidante

woooow . thx rockstar . i’m looking forward to RDR too .

50. Christopher Jack

That’s great, PC only gamers get to experience one of the best games this year too.

51. Keivz

Wow. Thanks, Rockstar. I’m looking forward to Red Dead Redemption, too.

52. satsugai

Really excited about this now. :D
    Oh and Rockstar… Red Dead Redemption for pc aswell pls k thx bai.