XCOM confirmed for March 2012, PS3 version announced

Friday, 3rd June 2011 12:35 GMT By Johnny Cullen

2K’s announced that XCOM will make its way to stores on March 6 in the US and March 9 in the UK next year for 360 and PC. And PS3 too.

The series reboot from 2K Australia has been a 360 and PC-only thing since its announcement last year, but 2K’s confirmed that it’ll now arrive on the triple.

“Every time I think of XCOM it gives me the chills, the kind that come from standing witness to the corruption and destruction of your world as you stand powerless to prevent it,” said 2K boss Christoph Hartmann.

“I’m pleased to announce today that we will be bringing this experience to an even broader audience when XCOM comes to the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC in March 2012.”

The game sees you play as special agent William Carter and his team, as you try to repel back the alien forces that threaten America and the world as we know it.

There’s a new trailer below.

1. someguy2

It’ll probably release on the 6th in the US.

2. Johnny Cullen

It is. I missed that part. It’s in there now.

3. StolenGlory

Trailer here folks:

4. Johnny Cullen

There’s a new trailer. I’m downloading it now.

5. Johnny Cullen

And I write that last comment without seeing the comment below me. I’ll add it in now. Ta.

6. ASBI

PS3 ?? !! I didnt see that one coming ;)

7. Erthazus

Looks… Bad.

8. someguy2

What happened to the enemies being an oil like liquid because that looked cool. 2K need a good E3 demo to convince me into buying now.

9. DSB

Looks extremely crap.

Shiny blue black aliens in Lego UFOs? The whole idea of the original X-Com was to make them relatable.

Unless this is like the most badass game ever, I’m out.

When is Xenonauts coming out?

10. DrDamn

Turning well loved older strategy games into FPSs seems to be a bit of a trend …

Joy, I was just thinking the other day that we really did need more FPS.

11. DSB

@10 Way to ruin my day, for seriously :P

On the plus side, both Syndicate and the original X-Coms were so relatively simple to code that they can easily be picked up by indies.

I have little faith in AAA bothering with something so “banal”.

12. AHA-Lambda

kool sweet! and on ps3 too! :D

EDIT: actually that didnt seem as good as the original trailer =/
    has the gameplay been changed? it didnt seems as bioshcok-ish now =s

13. Edo

Not impressed to say the least.

14. Xuchilbara

I liked the old Oil style Aliens better…

15. The_Red

While I still think they should have gone with a different name, the cube and transform effects in trailer look really neat, specially near the end of video.

16. Freek

Looks awasome….for an Xbox 1 game.

17. onlineatron

Not to harp on, but a ‘Video:’ tag would have been nice for this article. Almost missed the trailer because I thought I had seen all the information by just reading the header.