First SCII: Heart of the Swarm teaser hunts for Kerrigan

Friday, 27th May 2011 22:29 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Boom! Right out of left-field, the first teaser trailer for the second part of the StarCraft II story arc, Zerg-based Heart of the Swarm, has been posted online.

The video is a 45 second tease which follows up on the end of the Terran-centered Wings of Liberty. It shows off its purple-focused logo for the first time.

GameTrailers originally posted the video, but its been pulled. Someone pushed the button too early, by the looks of it. Luckily, it’s on YouTube.

Watch it below before it gets pulled (thanks, rrw).

Blizzard said that it would be showing Heart of the Swarm to press for the very first time this month a couple of weeks back during an Activision-Blizzard financial call.

The third and final section of the SCII story arc is the Protoss-led Legacy of the Void.

No date yet confirmed yet, but a release in 2012 is likely.

1. Bloodyghost

Sweet shit! Also Cullen, I love following you on twitter.

2. Erthazus

As much as i hate singleplayer campaign in Starcraft II i’m still going to get and end the trilogy.

fuck you Bobby Kotick! You can take my money, again :(

3. rrw

i hope the SP is not disappointment again. if it is, the blizzard just become activision puppet and they just milking it

4. Hunam

Say what? The SP in Starcrat 2 was utterly fantastic. Every level was different and the story was amazing. It was even challenging (to me anyway) on every level, never a white wash. Loved it. Probably the most perfect RTS made yet. That Total Annihilation that is.

5. Johnny Cullen

I’m still to play it. My Macbook wouldn’t play it when I first got it. Think I need to tinker with the settings.

6. HAM1DR3ZA

oh it is really great , but can anyone tell me why they were trying to find Sarah again? and why Sarah was on that form in the end of trailer?
    and finally why Sarah did’nt cut those shitty Kerrigan Hairs from his head?

7. Erthazus

@6, they were not trying. It’s just Kerrigan is apeshit again and probably will offer a deal to Jim Raynor to help her to fight Arcturus Mengsk.

cheap holywood cliche style of the story.

8. rrw

#6 common plot will be someone kidnap kerigan from jim by Mengsk force. the jim just try to find her

despite being supposed to be “purified” some zerg genes still with her. hence her hair and eye

9. DSB

The SP was just a sideshow. The only real draw was in the challenges, but that’s still pretty boring.

It’s all about clicking and pressing the right stuff faster than anybody else online.

@7 Like 98% of all other games :P

10. rrw

youtube

11. Johnny Cullen

I’ve swapped out the GameTrailers version for the YouTube one. Lord knows how that one will last.

12. freedoms_stain

Video is “Private” J.C. can’t watch.

13. Johnny Cullen

Swapped it again. That’s it, though. I’m going to bed, so if it gets pulled, you’re on your own.

14. dkblackhawk

Video can’t be taken down, enjoy!

15. Quak0r

Alternate tubelink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZMj1NqirH0

16. ultramega

I think Company of Heroes deserves a mention in there.

17. Detonator

Where is my jaw-dropping CG? This video looks like fan-made, shame on you Blizzard. And where is the epic moments?

18. Talkar

That trailer was created using the SC2 engine! That is an RTS engine. There is no other engines, designed for RTS games that have these high resolution textures.

19. Stephany Nunneley

OK gonna try to add another one in there.

20. Freek

And the trailer isn’t availebel in HD, making it look extra crap. But it’s just a leaked version, I doubt we’ll have to wait long to see it in nice crisp detail.

21. Dralen

I thought it was a very impressive game. I’m not really a fan of RTS games, but this had a great story and some of the cinematic cut-scenes gave me goosebumps. Although, I will admit I was losing interest towards the end.

22. Phoenixblight

Me too! But I didn’t lose interest at the end. I can’t wait to play the Zerg’s story.

23. Dralen

@22 Yeah, I think it’s just me. I wasn’t losing interest in the story, the story is fantastic and is what drove me to the end. But I just really don’t enjoy playing strategy games (The Gameplay), which is why I lost interest.

24. Erthazus

@18, aha, yeah :D

You reallly think this is Starcraft II engine trailer then i want to dissapoint you. It’s not SC2 default engine.