Thu, May 26, 2011 | 17:17 BST
Homefront update and Ability Pack released, more DLC coming
An update to Homefront on Xbox 360 has been released which should improve the game’s stability and network connectivity. Additionally, the Ability Pack will be made available once the new update is applied, and Kaos has also announced new DLC.
There’s loads of stuff on this, so let’s cut to the chase.
Improvements to the game include:
- Assist points for vehicle kills
- Rank Resets
- Game returns to MP menu instead of Main Menu after leaving a match
- Max ping limits for server connections (prevent connections to distant servers)
- Game freeze & hitching
- Joining Friends feature
- Beacon errors
- Party Connectivity; and
- Various other fixes
The Ability Pack includes:
- Ice Cold: Invisible on thermal views and airstrike sensors
- Situational Awareness: Enemy gamertag appears when shot
- EMP Tactician: Deal more damage vs EMP’d vehicles
- Short Fuse: Reduced cook time on frag grenades
- Bomb Suit: Take less damage from explosives
- But wait, that’s not all…
The first Homefront DLC offering will be available on June 7, and it’s called the Fire Sale Map Pack.
It takes you further into the “heart of war torn America,” and features two all-new multiplayer maps. The 870 Express Shotgun will also be made available on the same day, along with a free Premium Homefront Theme.
The DLC and theme will launch first on Xbox Live and is just the first bit of extras to come.
Get more information over on the official Homefront website.