GAME and GameStation drop Wii bundle price to £99.99

Friday, 20th May 2011 14:42 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

GAME and GameStation announced today they’re to start selling Wii for £99.99.

The console comes with Mario Kart or Wii Sports Resort, and the offer is also available through the websites game.co.uk and gamestation.co.uk.

This is the first time new Wii consoles will be available at a major retailer in the UK for under £100 in the UK.

“The opportunity to buy the Nintendo Wii for under £100 is a fantastic chance for those who previously haven’t experienced the Wii, ” said Neil Ashurst, head of UK PR for Game and Gamestation.

“We are delighted to offer this deal to our customers.”

Nintendo officially dropped the price of Wii to $149.99 in the US last week, and the price reduction goes live in the UK today for £129.

1. Razor

Dead console walking.

2. alimokrane

@Razor

I wouldnt say dead to be honest but it’s certainly at the end of its life cycle. I think most people are just over the whole “motion gaming” business. Kinect is fading away too, to be honest. Its sales have declined too.

3. Lounds

Lets be real, didn’t the NGC drop to £99 after 2 years of release?

The Wii has been at £180 for as long as I can remember.

4. KrazyKraut

yep…in Germany too for 139 € on Amazon including Console, Nun Chuck,Motion Plus, Mario Kart and the Wheel

5. Dannybuoy

I’ll wait until you can pick one up for a tenner in a charity chop before I buy a Wii again…

6. jnms

@5 I wouldn’t have one even if the charity shop paid me a tenner to take it away.

7. SOMI

@6 agree, Anyone buys a Wii should die of cancer, to be honest anyone owning any Nintendo console should die! None of them are worth more than 1p. I would love to buy one just to smash it up then to bu ya rifle to shoot every Nintendo employers.

8. McLovin85

£99 is still quite expensive for a paper-weight….

9. SOMI

@8 if it was 99p it will still be too expensive, this piece of shit it’s worth anything just like the rest of the Ninty home consoles. I just wish stores would scrap the Wii and Nintendo do die the fuck out and project cafe to also get scrapped.

10. xino

I would really need to get this console for cheap since the only game/games I am interested in is/are Metroid Other

update
    testunoku vs capcom, donkey kong

11. Patrick Garratt

SOMI – One month ban. Persistent platform trolling.

12. ManuOtaku

#10 Xino if you end up eventually buying the wii, i dont going to persuade you to do it, please pick little king story, muramasa and punch out, those games are great, and deserve it better that metroid Other M, dont get me wrong i did like other M a lot, but those games were that great, donkey kong and tatsunoko are gems indeed.

13. ruckus

I’m tempted to get another one just to have as a back up.

I got Monster Hunter Tri a couple weeks back from Amazon for £15. I’ve since played it for 160+ hours and I don’t go online.

Nothing else (apart from AoE DS) gets a look in. It be playing me like a MH!

14. AHA-Lambda

£99.99 is still too expensive for me to get a wii JUST for SMG 1 and 2.

I’ll wait and see for the cafe (i presume it will be backwards compatible aswell). Now i would bite at that price if it was the 3ds :P