Amazon starts pre-orders for MW3, mentions November 8 launch

Monday, 16th May 2011 14:42 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Amazon’s just put live pre-orders for Modern Warfare 3 for PS3, 360 and PC, as tweeted just now by Major Nelson.

The listing, which comes from the US side of the retailer, also happens to mention the November 8 release date that everyone and their mum has been talking about since last week. Get it here.

The listing follows formal confirmation from Infinity Ward over the weekend of the game’s existence after a gigantic leak on the game from Kotaku on Friday. Teasers on the shooter were posted online on Saturday morning.

1. triggerhappy686

So the MW3 logo was official… hmmm it just looks tacky. Anyway I might get this pre owned at some point for the campain, the only COD I ever bought brand new was Black Ops and thats only because I have a cold war obsession.

2. Erthazus

@1, it looks gay and i don’t understand why they changed it.

Last one in MW1-2 was perfect. Also, i want to see if ELITE Badge is true or not :D

3. EscoBlades

And so the statistics begin.

I wonder if the preorder numbers for this one will eclipse Black Ops…..

4. AHA-Lambda

Has the lawsuit got somethng to do with them calling it MW3 instead of modern warfare 3?

5. Hunam

I think I’ll just wait for the launch day supermarket offers like £25 with £15 shopping or something.

6. StolenGlory

A shrewd move, as said offers will likely be batshit insane.

7. Hunam

Yeah, Plus, if I don’t really need anything I can just buy beers and snacks for the inevitable gaming session that MW3 will produce.

8. NightCrawler1970

Let me guess, made by activision?? another 2 maps for $15 bucks???