Final Fantasy V downloadable re-release coming to PS3 and PSP

Monday, 4th April 2011 20:42 GMT By John Callaham

Fans of the Final Fantasy series are soon to be able to get a re-release of one of the series’s earliest installments: Square Enix announced today that Final Fantasy V is to be made available to PS3 and PSP owners via the Playstation Network.

The re-release, which does not yet have a release date, will come with some extra content. Square Enix said the game will include some all new CGI sequences exclusive to the downloadable version.

Final Fantasy V was originally released way back in 1992 for SNES, where it sold over 2 million copies.

It was later ported to the original Playstation and GBA.

1. Suikoden Fan

extra content as in on top of all the content the disc based ps1 game has? or what i believe it to be, a story reported wrong on alot of websites and that its just the normal ps1 game with the extra content it had compared to the snes version

no mention of it being enhanced on top of the ps1 version here

just a port

2. lexph3re

That’s fine with me. I can’t wait to get this bad boy again. O goodness please let ngp be able to play these games! I have 14 digital psone games I would love to play on that bad boy.

3. TEA

Bout fucking time

4. onlineatron

I think it’s pretty much been confirmed that you’ll be able to play your PSP/PSone/Minis downloads on the NGP.

5. TEA

You should be able to play downloadable PSP games on the PSP. That way, for people that have NO intention on buying PSP, but they’d like to try out some of the games, they still make sale.

6. lexph3re

Oh that’s. Alli need to know honestly. I’ve been buying all my psp games downloadable. For that purpose too. That way I don’t have to rebuy anything. I hope they put games like birth by sleep up on psn. I doubt it but I’m hoping

7. Stoopid_Snot

what about a date

8. FireFly

At this rate VII will be remade in no time…(not).

9. BloodyJoe

What I don’t like about those PSN PSOne games is the missing trophy support! Please Sony implement that because I want trophy support for Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX!