Goichi Suda would like a new No More Heroes

Thursday, 31st March 2011 00:43 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Goichi Suda has reiterated his desire to add another entry to the No More Heroes series.

Famitsu, via Andriasang, reports Suda mentioned the possibility at a Grasshopper charity initiative yesterday.

“Although it won’t happen soon, I’d like to do it at some point,” the designer said, and to colleagues on stage, “Let’s make it together.”

Suda has said in the past that further entries in the series will not be released for the Wii, and that while he didn’t originally envision sequels, the first game’s sales convinced him to have another go.

The first No More Heroes and its sequel, 2010′s Desperate Struggle, were both produced for the Wii and published outside Japan by Rising Star and Ubisoft. Both games scored well with critics and sold surprisingly well given their kookiness. A PlayStation 3 revamp of the first game, with the subtitle Heroes Paradise, is expected to release from Konami in several Western territories soon.

1. Hunam

I’m cool with this. I loved both NMH and NMH 2 and I’m more than happy to wait a few years for Suda to come back to it refreshed. Maybe on the next HD consoles.

2. Ireland Michael

Michael O’Connor would like a new No More Heroes as well.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

3. onlineatron

A new NMH? Sure, I can dig it.

4. Hunam

Although, coming up with another lead as cool as Travis is a feat I’m not sure I’d could do. He’s the best.

5. YoungZer0

Until then “No No More Heroes.”?

6. DSB

@4 Really?!

I thought one of the better choices the game made was keeping the pace so high and all the scenes changing so fast that you didn’t have to deal with him.

I’m pretty sure I’d be annoyed if he had more focus on him than he did. Scrawny hipster wimps suck. Although it is kinda cool to make a scrawny hipster wimp assassin.

7. neon6

It’ll come out after the Wii 2 comes out.

8. The_Red

Then he should tighten up the gameplay and try to release it on a system that people actually buy for games and not stupid party games and weight reduction programs.