Resistance 3 to support PS Move, Sharpshooter, 3D

Wednesday, 30th March 2011 04:04 GMT By Brenna Hillier

At a community event in Hollywood today, Insomniac Games announced Resistance 3 will support 3D and PlayStation Move.

The US PS Blog was in attendance, and confirmed the Sharpshooter Move shell will also be supported.

Kotaku reports attending fans were treated to an all-new live demo, showing off the level immediately after the frantic-looking Haven, which was shown off in a demo last month.

The demo, which takes place in Wrightsburg, Missouri, sees Cappelli and a companion on a boat in a level, which is a lot quieter than the previous level in Haven. Goliaths, Chimera shock drones, longlegs, grims and leapers all make appearances throughout the level.

GameSpot also has a fuller preview on the level here.

Resistance 3 releases exclusively for PlayStation 3 on September 6 in the US. A European release date is yet to be announced.

1. Gekidami

The other pic was better, why change?

2. Robo_1

Great news, I’m keen to put my Sharp Shooter to more use.

3. Christopher Jack

Although the PS Move has great titles like this, Killzone & Socom making use of it, they can all be used (& play better) with a regular dualshock.
    My point is, Move still doesn’t have it’s killer app, Kinect has Dance Central & an upcoming Star Wars game (Which I reckon will end up shit but sell fairly well), personally I think Move could do a better job with a Star Wars game

4. mojo

the whole fucking generation could do better with a battlefront 3.

but your right.
    lightsaber is the way to go for both platforms.

imagine a star wars game similar to tfu, but in good. ur using lightsaber and the force with ur hands and stage/endbosses would be some siths in a proper and epic lightsaber battle. Bought. 2 times even.
    could work on both platforms if someone figures a way how to move properly with kinect and dont look like an idiot or not to piss of ms. (in other words: using the controller).
    that on a triple-3D-beamer setup with 4k resolution :D

5. NiceFellow

@3 I guess that’s the perception but it’s clearly not true. From the sales figures published Dance Central has sold well, but hardly enough to be a killer app – i.e. only a relatively small percentage of Kinect owners actually bought it. I think it sold less than Kinect Sports, for example.

I’d say neither Kinect nor Move has a killer app – one that people are buying up eagerly and buying Kinects or Moves to get at.

6. DrDamn

I’d say KZ3 plays better with Move certainly. It’s swings and roundabouts and you have to fiddle with the config to find something which suits you, but as someone who prefers to keep confrontations mid to long range it is better than a pad control wise. Close up I think the pad has the edge.

Move isn’t a perfect FPS controller by any means. It has poor button placement and needs another stick on the main controller, but it’s more accurate.

Agree with NiceFellow in that neither has a killer app yet. Kinect has a better newness and cool tech factor to it, but no killer app yet. The tech and general experience is what is selling it rather than a particular title.

7. strikkebil

…yay?

8. Christopher Jack

@4, Agreed, we need more Star Wars & the fact that Battlefront 3 isn’t out yet is shameful.

LucasArts has gone downhill lately, imo they may be best off closing down their remaining studio(s) & outsource all of their future games.

9. BloodyJoe

Insomniac Games another developer for the future! Without move support I will never ever play a first person shooter on my ps3 again! R3 bought!

10. Robo_1

It is hard to go back. Move works fantastically well with FPS shooters, and yeah, I’m pretty much inclined to buy any FPS game which supports it.

11. theevilaires

How about ensuring R3 supports better graphics and story telling this time around before you mess around with those other things. Insomniac lead the charge on the whole PS3 dev scene and they from anyone should have mastered the CELL by now. I want this game to make KZ3 devs envious. Come on Ted I know you guys can do it!