Report – Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC being co-developed by Nixxes

Wednesday, 23rd March 2011 19:34 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Shack is reporting that the PC edition of Deus Ex: Human Revolution has been jointly developed between Eidos Montreal and Nixxes.

Game director Jean-Francois Dugas told the site that development has been shared between Montreal and the outsourced Dutch developer.

Asked if the PC version was done in-house, Dugas said: “No. Well, it was done in-house, but with a partnership.”

He added: “All the design and changes to the design has been done in Montreal and sent to [Nixxes]. We review the builds. We review and then give comments about what works and what doesn’t. It’s the same process. It’s the exact same process, except that the programmers aren’t in the same office.

“It’s the same game and the same creative team taking care of it.”

Dugas admitted the reason the PC version was not done internally was due to not having enough manpower to develop all three version: PC, 360 and PS3.

“It was more of a logistic problem more than anything else and having enough people to make sure it’s all on the same level, all the time. So, yeah. It was more about manpower and logistics.”

Nixxes have been a well-known partner within Eidos, dating back to Dreamcast and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver More recently, it’s ported the PC and PS3 versions of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light as well as the PC version of Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days and Tomb Raider Underworld for PC and PS3.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution releases on August 23 in the US and August 26 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Hunam

That’s really odd. I mean the game was seen for years on the PC before the console versions existed, now it’s told that they never really made the PC versions at all…

Colour me slightly concerned for the PC version. Although, saying that I have K&L2 on PC and the conversion was pretty good on that. So I guess I’m just worrying about nothing.

What are the PC version like for the other games?

2. Shonak

Lara Croft was an awesome game on any platform I guess, and Soul Reaver is a classic on anything ever released. Don’t worry. If something doesn’t work, Montreal complained, as he said – probably. Also, I can see why the team concentrates on X360 and PS3, they already take up enough time for it. I think it’s mostly based on configuration and control stuff, so I guess it’s better to let someoneelse do it and give comments about it, then to it bad yourself.

3. LOLshock94

@1 odd?

developers dont give a shit about you, or anyone else why doesnt anyone understand and they specially dont give a shit about the games they make

4. Stardog

It looks terrible from the most recent gameplay demo. Generic console game.

5. YoungZer0

@4: Would love to play those Generic Console games you’re playing.

6. Erthazus

@4, completely agree. Generic game and not my Deus Ex. But thats what you get when gaming is in mainstream now.

7. DSB

I can’t say I’m all that excited.

Some of the videos were great, some were in between.

The focus on high production values, and making the game trendy kinda has me worried. As Assassins Creed has proven that’s pretty much all you need to make people forget about gameplay. I’ll wait to see what people say once it’s out.

8. Erthazus

“As Assassins Creed has proven that’s pretty much all you need to make people forget about gameplay.”

Exactly. Especially “Brotherhood”. It’s not a third person action game, it’s an interactive SIM CITY.

9. OrbitMonkey

“Generic game and not my Deus Ex” Please Someone give me quid everytime some internet snob says that, I’ll have enough to buy this game & then some ;-)

10. Lounds

this game isn’t about graphics its about dynamic gameplay

11. Hunam

By odd I meant it’s odd that Eidos Montreal aren’t making the PC version considering it was shopped around for the PC exclusively for about 2 years after it was first seen. The console versions weren’t announced till 2010 IIRC.

12. Johnny Cullen

Yup. It was generally assumed it was coming to consoles, but never confirmed until GDC last year.

13. HauntaVirus

I just hope that PC will get a little more love some day, looks like it’s not happening with this game. Should I be worried about the PC version???

14. Stardog

@13 Of course you should be worried. They’re farming it out because they can’t be assed to deal with it. It’s not worth bothering with – all because of money.

Don’t buy it.

I have a feeling this won’t even sell well on consoles, nevermind PC. Alan Wake style.

15. osric90

It will be better than the first Deus Ex and trust me I’ve played it and it was very cool and funny (remember that voice acting?). Way to go yet and looking much, much better than any other current shitty shooter.

16. HauntaVirus

THIS BLOWS…I’m really turned off by this. Why don’t they work on the PC version and have “Nixxes” throw the fucking console version together! I may cancel my pre-order.