Chart-Track’s confirmed that THQ shooter Homefront has gone in at number one in the UK.
The Kaos shooter, which was heavily advertised by THQ in the run-up release, has managed to sell 82 percent of what the New York studio’s first retail title, Frontlines: Fuel of War, has since it first launched in 2008.
As well as that, and being THQ’s first UK number one since 2009 with UFC Undisputed 2009, EG’s Johnny Minkley has said that it was the biggest console launch of 2011 so far.
Namco marketing boss Lee Kirton’s tweeted that the game’s sales were “in Microsoft’s favour.” The game was advertised on 360 in the lead-in to launch.
Last week’s number one, BioWare RPG Dragon Age II, is now at second.
The rest of the top five consists of Pokemon White, new entry Total War: Shogun II and Pokemon Black.
Full top ten for the week ending March 19 is below. Last week’s data is here.
- Homefront (Kaos, THQ)
- Dragon Age II (BioWare, EA)
- Pokemon White (Nintendo, Nintendo)
- Total War: Shogun II (The Creative Assembly, Sega)
- Pokemon Black (Nintendo, Nintendo)
- Fight Night Champion (EA Sports, EA)
- Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
- FIFA 11 (EA Sports, EA)
- Killzone 3 (Guerrilla Games, Sony Computer Entertainment)
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)