Op Flash: Red River movie explains shifting focus

Tuesday, 8th March 2011 15:09 GMT By Patrick Garratt

The latest Operation Flashpoint: Red River movie’s detailed some of the sequel’s backstory, explaining how US marines got stuck in a shit-fight with Chinese forces in Tajikistan. There’s a lot of shooting, some stuff blowing up and slim chances of getting out alive. Perfect. It’s out on April 21 in Europe and April 26 in the US for PC, 360 and PS3.

1. DSB

Why would you ever choose to crouch in the middle of a street when you’re being shot at?

Christ, China, your tactics suck!

2. Moonwalker1982

I already know that this will have zero to do with OFP. The first one on PC was the only real one.

3. Yoshi

This should be called an expansion, looks way to similar.

4. reask

Playing a bit of dragon rising atm and it is frustrating.
    Half way through second mission and wondering will I bother going any further.

I understand it is more of a sim than a game but I imagine there been a certain niche market only for it.
    Multi is totally broken.

5. DSB

@2 I couldn’t have said it better myself. The ArmAs are the direct descendants, but really it feels like I’m stuck playing the very same game.

I have to learn a handful of new commands to make missions every iteration, but that’s pretty much it. I still have to force the AI to shoot their weapons properly, I still have to force the AI to use their eyes, and move their feet.

Really I liked the CTI of the original Flashpoint a lot more than the Warfare mode of today.

@4 It’s supposed to bridge the gap, though.

I kinda dig the fact that you have to run around a lot and pick your engagements, because that’s actual fieldcraft, 75% walking and 25% fighting, but why you would ever want to put that on a console is beyond me.

6. albo88

dragon rising was an intersecting game some times i ended missions in 40 minutes and other in 4 or even 3 minutes by just running
    anyway man all i drive on that game in single player was a APC and a helicopter wtf we wont missions as gunner or drive thus Abraham’s