Quick Shots – Dead Island screens contain no kiddies, lots of deceased folk

Thursday, 3rd March 2011 21:28 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Thankfully, this batch of Dead Island screenshots won’t tug your heartstrings and ruin your productivity for the rest of the day. They may make your trigger finger itch.

You’ll notice there’s no kiddies wandering about in there, despite the crowd scenes; it turns out that there won’t be any, despite the trailer.

Thanks, IGN.

1. Gekidami

I love the expression (or lack thereof) on the womens face in that last pic.

“Meh, zombies, *yawn* whatever”.

2. spiderLAW

@1 I was just about to say that myself lol.
    The graphics or okay. Remind me of old id tech stuff.
    But i am definitely diggin the art direction. Cant wait to try this sucka out. Looks like it will play similar to Dead Rising but on continuing maps like L4D.

3. Gekidami

Isnt this meant to be open world?

4. DeathJynx

It should have some fallout 3 like function as well apparently. from the rpg side.

5. spiderLAW

I think so.

6. spiderLAW

edit button!!!!

7. Gekidami

So how is it like L4D in terms of maps? L4D isnt open world to any degree.

8. spiderLAW

Continuing maps. It doesnt stay in a single location. Screen Loads and you are in a new area. Unlike Dead Rising where screen loads and you just opened a door.

9. xino

hahahahaha

10. theevilaires

Can you imagine us still being in last gen PS2 XBOX Gamecube era and seeing these screen shots for the first time and devs saying this is what next gen is going to look like :D I would wet myself but still being in the current gen those shots look pre next gen almost. We’re making progress people…..

11. DeathJynx

I think the trailer was phenomenal. These screen shots leave a lot to be desired though… At least it seems they did a great job on the lighting.

12. IL DUCE

@1 Yeah hopefully they fix that in the game and people show some sort of emotion on their face while kicking a zombie off of them and trying to escape with their life lol…otherwise, game looks good, reminds me of Dead Rising a bit with that electrified sword that guy has going on…looking forward to it.

13. NightCrawler1970

Pretty wierd, i saw there clip about a kiddie that bite an adults neck!!! explain that???

14. jldoom

@11 I agree, that trailer was awesome. Still, cant wait till more is revealed about this game. I’ve been on a non stop zombie rampage lately, just Watched the “The Walking Dead” and a couple of Romero movies lol.