Danger Close now “working on the next Medal of Honor”

Friday, 18th February 2011 19:10 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Danger Close has confirmed it’s developing a new Medal of Honor title on its blog this evening.

DC producer Greg Goodrich kicked off a blog post entitled “In case you were wondering…” by saying: “Yes, Danger Close is currently working on the next Medal of Honor.”

Goodrich continued: “Since our launch last October, we’ve studied, listened and absorbed much of your feedback and are very excited to be marching forward on the next title. We can’t wait to tell you more about it, so check back often to the website and the fan page on Facebook.

“It’s going to be a fun ride for the Medal of Honor franchise. We are happy to have you aboard.”

Danger Close rebooted the series last October alongside Battlefield developer DICE. It went on to sell 5 million units since its launch.

The EALA studio was thought to be working on a new project before tonight’s confirmation. The studio was hiring for an “unannounced AAA first person shooter title” as recently as early January.

EA CEO John Riccitiello said in the company’s Q2 financial call in October that the game, despite reviewing in the “mid-70s”, was a “clear success and consumer feedback has been strong and its a franchise we can successfully continue in the future.”

1. sickgamer

good :) the single player was great but very short .. hope they focus the storyline ! and not making it look like shitty cod …

oh the multiplayer is sick :D playing it on pc

2. Maximum Payne

I didn’t like singleplayer it was big MEH. And then you go to Multiplayer and everything is different from gun handling, no lying and sliding.Not to mention the game feelt like BC 2 in every posible way and destruction was on minimum.If the game was fast like CoD and have Destruction from BC2 it would star.I hope new MoH use Battlefield 3 Engine.

3. Maximum Payne

How to send news to this site ?

4. theevilaires

I liked the single player. I loved the fact that there really wasn’t a HUD and if you are playing the game on a huge HDTV the game made you feel as if you were inside of it. BFBC2 also had that effect on me while COD or KZ3 didn’t have that feeling to me.

So EA guys are doing something right. They just need more polishing to their titles. The MP in MOH was kind of a joke. From maps to weapons it all felt too generic but I guess thats DICE fault right since they developed the online portion of the game and not Danger Close. Hopefully those guys who defected back to EA from Activison (former Infinity Ward) can lend a hand.

5. loki

no thx i don’t need another crap

6. CaptPierce

YES. The multiplayer was a bit generic for my taste, but the campaign was very satisfying and had a bigger sense of immersion because of the lack of a HUD. They just need to make it longer and get more creative with the MP offering.

7. Bloodyghost

Not a bad game. Single Player raped Black Ops single player but the Multiplayer was shit. IT tried to be Call of Duty, while feeling like a Battlefield reskin and looking like a fail on the part of DICE while plaque with little to no real support.

PLEASE make the MP by yourselfs this time!!!

8. osric90

Best MOH, along with the original PSX one and Underground, is MOHAA. Bring MOHAA to consoles, exactly as it was on PC (without the crappy expansions and stuff, but maybe with more multiplayer maps) and it will be the best FPS on consoles of this gen. I’m still dreaming this day comes… or at least the day MOHAA clean arrives on Steam.

9. DSB

I was pleasantly surprised by it myself.

It did have an awful lot of copy paste and stupid bugs and errors though. It felt like it needed either a bigger team or a lot more time in the oven.

Still, multitudes better than I thought it would be. I’ll definitely be looking out for the next one.

10. Maximum Payne

How the FUCK game didn’ have HUD and have immersion ? It would show you head icon everytime you score headshot and it is fucking military game!

11. YoungZer0

Man, i really liked the new MoH. Loved the setting and the “realism”. You could really feel that the developers knew what they were doing in terms of art-direction and dialogs. It felt real to me.

I was just hoping for a longer campaign, because right when i felt like “Oh man, this is getting really awesome. Feels like i’m part of this whole thing” BANG. The end.

My character dies and i didn’t even knew a thing about my squad.

You know why your character was called “Rabbit”? Not because he’s a rookie, but because he has so many children. Something that was just mentioned in an interview. I want MoH to really introduce me to the people i’m working with. Who are they, what are they doing, etc.

And of course a longer campaign. I really enjoyed all the sneaking missions, something that was completely left out in a game that calls itself “Black Ops”.

Love to see more from Afghanistan and the Wolf Pack.

12. Johnny Cullen

While I wasn’t a fan of its multiplayer, I enjoyed MoH’s single-payer. It deserves more credit than it gets. Good game.

13. TD_Monstrous69

This would be my only peices of advice for what the next game would need; 1.) A longer story. I actually liked this single player story more than Black Ops, but it could’ve been longer. 2.) Decide on what game engine you’re using to build this game. Unreal or Frostbite? Either way, you can’t go wrong. 3.) Have more variety in multiplayer. The classes were great and all, but come on, only 3 classes? WTF DICE/DangerClose? 4.) Make it actually work. Because animations were basically shit in multiplayer, which resulted in it being really lagg ridden and slow (though I hear now that’s no longer an issue, but still to have these at launch, and post launch are really disheartening). 5.) Try to differentiate yourselves a little more from Call of Duty please. Don’t get me wrong, cinematic wise they did, sound design was better than Black Ops, and multiplayer was more grounded and squad based compared to COD. But there were some issues that harkened back to Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare in the single player campaign that need to be addressed in the sequel. Also, COD killed this game in replayability. You could have up to 10 classes in Black Ops (barring if you prestiged enough times) online multiplayer, and each class is customizable. Maybe what the next Medal of Honor could do is expand upon this idea, just sayin. This game was thought to be the Call of Duty killer, but it fell shy of that mark quite a bit. It’s high time this franchise does what their CEO John Riccitiello says on what it takes to beat Call of Duty, and that’s “make a better game, and then make another one”.

14. AHA-Lambda

yea make the SP longer and i’ll be there day one.

This game doesn’t get as much credit as it should in some ways it was better than black ops whilst sharing the same faults. Yes in a reviewers eyes black ops is the infallible one -_-

15. spiderLAW

i liked the multiplayer more than the single player. And i liked it overall more than Black Ops. If it had split screen, i would have kept it.

16. Thalius

Good to know, MoH was awesome much better then Black Ops IMO

17. LOLshock94

online was terrible campaign was boring

18. HauntaVirus

LMFAO…good luck with that Danger Close…

19. FadeLive

Just picked Tier 1 Edition for like 10 bucks earlier this week for the BF3 beta and I have to say if they are making a new MoH they really need to improve it. The campaign was pretty terrible and boring not to mention a game breaking glitch that forced me to restart a level as it was the only solution.

Multiplayer levels were meh as well and really caters to sitting on an overlooking hill with a sniper rifle while the other team constantly gets spawn raped. Especially in Combat Mission and a few of maps in the other modes. I did enjoy some of the maps and modes alot (namely Sector Control and Objective Ratid) so there is definitly potential. The sound was terrific in the multiplayer so theres that too.

20. daithic94

I loved the Medal of Honor games on PSOne, they were pure classics IMO.
    However i’ve barely touched this one, its still in my backlog :/ Should probably get a start on it

21. UuBuU

Another generic modern warfare shooter to look forward to? Great.

They should just kill off the medal of honor series. Recent releases have been an insult to great games like Allied Assault.

In fact modern warfare fps games in general are completely overdone, just as WW2 games were. MW1 was awesome – MW2 was okay, but largely a success due to the hype from MW1. BF:BC2 was okay but suffered from serious balancing flaws, Black ops sucked, MOH sucked. It’s not going to get any better. The graphics may improve slightly, different “perks” may be introduced, etc etc. but nothing is going to stop this stale genre from dying.

22. albo88

the gun fight mission was one of the best missions i have ever played
    that night mission when you have to take all the Chechen in silence was also awesome to bad that ended fast

23. xino

let’s hope MoH2 will be better than MoH.
    And I hope the Multiplayer online is balanaced

24. DEADEYES

With me, MOH was dead long time ago with WW2…

25. Hunam

The MP for MoH was dire. The entire series just seems pointless now that Battlefield also does single player.

26. GwynbleiddiuM

MoH was a great reboot, it had its flaws but it was more fun than MW2 and BO for me. And yes I am a shooter fan I get any modern shooters I can find. Well I really liked the pace of the game not too freaking fast like MW2 and BO which feels more like playing unreal tournament, neither too slow like a realistic shooter like ArmA, it was just right. But needs much more attention and specially the campaign needs to be much longer and the story needs to be better. Co-op is essential.

27. Dr.Ghettoblaster

#12 + 1

28. back_up

good
    please make sure it’s MOH not modern warfare

29. DSB

Minor update: Just got that gamebreaking bug myself. Fell through the world and kept falling whenever the game loaded, meaning I have to restart the mission.

Pretty ridiculous. I guess it would be a shame if you couldn’t recognize that EA LA touch, though :P

30. guapo

@21 you’re crazy. fps isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

31. jana

Running shoes are http://www.cheapnikeshoes4sale.org/ are the most important is the precise engineering of human motion understanding,running action is single

Tone,during running,http://www.cheapnikeshoes4sale.org/ process is relatively repeat Simply put,the feet by the force of certain laws,

Way,running shoes manufacturers can be in different parts of the force, targeted placement of support or cushioning material.So

,http://www.cheapnikeshoes4sale.org/ All the good running shoes are not mere feet of soft or hard,but made ??http://www.cheapnikeshoes4sale.org/ of different materials for different parts of the place,so that

Foot in the course of the campaign to get the appropriate support cushioning http://www.cheapnikeshoes4sale.org/
    to protect the knees and spine are not subject to periodic stress injury.