MvC3 intro leaks out early

Monday, 31st January 2011 15:41 GMT By Johnny Cullen

mvc32

Someone’s ended up posting the full four-minute intro from Marvel vs Capcom 3 before it releases next month. The clip shows glimpses of Spider-Man, Nathan Spencer from Bionic Commando, Chun-Li and Ryu from Street Fighter, Thor, Dr. Doom, and more. Watch it in action below, via Evil Avatar.

MvC3 launches next month for PS3 and 360.

1. trivi4l

Audio is bad.

2. yacaman

This was a great trailer. Wow

3. Nozz

They didn’t F*%$ around when they made this intro!

4. KrazyKraut

Epic. I want 3:50 as Poster!!!!

5. M2Kx

Okay guys, this is serious epicness!

6. spiderLAW

Sabertooth
    Captain Commando
    ……pppfffftttt nuff said.

7. Keivz

It was ok.

8. OlderGamer

No venom, Megeman, strider, or Cap’t Comando = poor choices.

But I bet they have a marvel and a capcom dlc pack before long. Because 60usd for the game is just not enough.

MvC2 had 56 chars and was 50usd at launch no DLC needed. I will buy the game, I just kind feel like I am going to get ripped off.

9. Gekidami

Its hard to believe Megaman, who is a MASSIVELY important Capcom character wont be in it… But then he’s such a baseline character to Capcom if he was in the game they’d have no doubt already shown shown him.

I can sort of understand why the others wont be in it, most of them just arent that important or recognised enought. I mean….

Jin – Most people have no idea where Jin is from; some game from the early 1990′s called Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness. As cool of a character he was in MvC, he no longer exists outside those games.

Cable – Unless you’re really into Marvel comics (and pretty much no one is these days) you probably wont know who this guy is. Most of the people getting this game wont.

Hayato – Same as Jin, Hayato is from a really old game (Star Gladiator) that dosnt exist in any form these days and no one really remembers the original.

Venom – I think its odd that Venom hasnt been revealed yet. He’s a pretty big Spiderman character. Cant argue with the fact that he should really be in the game.

Psylocke – One of the least known X-men characters. Best known for being “the girl that isnt Phoenix”.

Rogue – Shes pretty well known, but honestly not that important, infact there were way to many X-men characters in MvC2.

Juggernaut – I think it would be pretty cool if Juggernaut was in MvC3, but again, to many X-men characters in MvC2.

Cyclops – Whilst back in the day Cyclops was the most important X-men character, these days he’s been replaced by Wolverine in the public eye (infact he may very well be the most important Marvel character today). Capcom & Marvel obviously dont want to many X-men characters in the same game, so they’ve cut the number down.

Strider – A very cool character but like Jin & Hayato he’s no longer recognised for anything else other then his appearances in Vs. games.

Gambit – Same as the rest, a staple X-men character back in the 90′s. These days he just isnt important enought.

Blackheart – A characer so obscure i’m surprised he/it was even in MvC2.

Sabertooth – Same as the other X-men characters; to many, not important enought.

Captain Commando – Like the other Capcom characters listed here he dosnt exist outside the Vs. games anymore.

And i’ll add that i’m surprised nothing Monster Hunter related hasnt been announced yet.

10. Gekidami

Apparent final boss fight leaked:

11. Gurdil

Can’t wait for it to be delivered! I wanna plaaay!!! :-)

12. realmagicmike

The most requested fighters will be made available via DLC

13. realmagicmike

@10 Galactus as the end boss… That looked ridiculous!!!

14. spiderLAW

@geki
    that all sounds nice but then what would be the reasoning for She-Hulk, Shuma-Gorath, Taskmaster, Dormammu, MODOK, Super Skrull,and X-23. Or Hsien-Ko, Mike Haggar, Trish and Tron Bonne. They all fit into your “not well known oustide of 90s” category.
    I think its more of the DLC thing. Its the new craze to make sure that DLC is available and that people will buy it. Best way is remove popular characters and save them for DLC. $2 per character or a 6-pack for 6.99 probably.

15. xino

@spiderlaw

if you want to play with those characters, go back and play MvC1 or MvC2!
    That’s the sole purpose of buying and keeping games!
    if you want those characters to be in MvC3 then sell those old games and demand for those characters to return.

16. theevilaires

ummm ok not that impressed….can we please stop with all the leaks internet. Like really what good will it ultimately do? 3 years from now will we give a fuck who had the first trailer out for this game. I’m sure leaking it will cause more people to rush out day 1 and buy it….NOT

Although I love the art style of the game this isn’t a $60 worthy purchase. As soon as it drops to $40 I’ll pick it up.

17. MegaGeek1

This is why I love Capcom. They do justice to characters that mean so much to so many people! Just look at that intro and tell me Capcom shouldn’t do a full length feature film (xmen, spiderman, maybe the onslaught series) all in CGI. It would be better then anything Hollywood has ever produced.

Also, kinda wanted the final boss to stay a secret, lol, ahh well.

18. M2Kx

The only one of the chars, which were mentioned above is cable. Not just because he was really awesome* in MvC2, but also because I like him as a Marvel “hero”. I also understand the people who are upset, because venom isn’t in it or somebody else, but it’s also great, that capcom gives other chars a chance. I also think, that capcom maybe starts to pull of the same thing with mvc like with sf so that we’ll see “MvC3-Ultra” in one year or so, with more chars and other modes maybe. And I’m going to buy it, because most capcom games are pretty cheap compared to other games here :P

*uber