Rumor: Telltale about to unveil Walking Dead game, four other new titles

Friday, 21st January 2011 06:42 GMT By Nathan Grayson

walking-dead

The massively popular Walking Dead TV show may be shambling out of the spotlight until Halloween, but Telltale’s dropped a pretty big hint that you won’t be at a lack for officially licensed, AMC-owned zombies for too much longer.

In a February 17 event invitation received by 1UP, Telltale teased five soon-to-be-announced games, one of which is “based on a just-launched property from the TV and comic book world whose popularity is changing life as some know it.” Sounds like a dead ringer for Walking Dead to us.

Happily, gory blast-’em-ups aren’t really Telltale’s style, so you probably don’t need to worry that the developer will turn Walking Dead into something it isn’t. If that is indeed what Telltale’s teasing, then it’s in good hands. Best of all, though, this thing’s a slogan goldmine. After all, who wouldn’t want to advertise with surefire hits like “dead men tell no tales unless Telltale’s telling tales about dead men”? Go ahead, Telltale. That one’s on the house.

1. BULArmy

Jurrasic Park, The Walking Dead fuck I love Telltale.

2. Uncontested

They better not fuck up TWD, my favorite TV show since Jericho.

3. Coheno

Damn this is good news! The Walking Dead is definitely my favorite new TV show! After having seen what they are doing with BTTF and Jurrasic Park, this will be awesome!

4. absolutezero

I hope to God they stick to the comic. I mean really the TV show is already straying way too much for my liking.

Not really sure how they could make it into an Adventure game either, logic puzzles in a zombie apocalypse just seems contrite.

5. TheWulf

Hm. Not a fan of The Walking Dead. I always thought that Invincible and The Astounding Wolfman were Kirkman’s best. A lot of critics seem to agree with me on that count, too. But those comics are less popular because… you know, zombies are popular. And popularity wins in this capitalistic world of ours. Sigh.

Still, oh for a game with the entire hero line-up of Kirkman’s Universe in it, including Invincible and The Astounding Wolfman. That would be amazing.

This? Less so.

I’m just… not into the whole zombie craze. I’m less finicky about my obsessions and I don’t switch from one popular thing to the next. I’ve obsessed about dragons and werewolves since my earliest years, and I’ll likely continue to do so until I pop my clogs. :p

@4: I could see how it would be done, but it would be incredibly boring. But then, I’m not the best person to ask in regards to this because I find even zombie shooters uninspired. …they’re zombies, they shamble… yes, okay.

I suppose it could be done as a hunter-gatherer scenario, where you have to go into cities and solve logic puzzles to get past obstacles, which would involve weird stealth gameplay and the like.