Ruffian working on “a couple of new games”

Wednesday, 12th January 2011 12:12 GMT By Johnny Cullen

ruffian

Ruffian’s blogged that it’s looking for new staff to work on “a couple of new games” at the studio.

The Dundee-based developer, who released Crackdown 2 last summer, said it was working on “high action, visceral titles” with a focus on online.

It wrote this on its blog:

“Since completing Ruffians first born, Crackdown 2, we’ve now moved onto a couple of new games. Rather boringly as is the case for most nascent projects we’re unable to talk about them in any detail right now. What we can say is they’re really exciting, high action, visceral titles that are heavily focussed on online. Which could be a lot of games to be honest.”

Crackdown 3 one of those games? You’d be a massive fool to bet against it happening.

Ruffian creative director Billy Thomson told VG247 back in November 2009 during a press trip to see Crackdown 2 that it would “alter” the city in a third game.

1. Blerk

I’ll be amazed if one of those isn’t Crackdown 3. Disappointed, even. I hope they take a bit more time and do it proper justice this time, though – Crackdown 2 was great fun, but just a little too ‘familiar’.

2. StolenGlory

Would you recommend Crackdown 2 to me Blerk? I enjoyed the ass off of the first one to a point that I really wouldn’t mind if the sequel just gave me more of the same.

3. Blerk

Certainly, especially seeing as you can pick it up for around a tenner now. If you loved the first one then you’ll most likely love the second one as well.

4. ybfelix

IMO Crackdown 2 is lesser of the same, which is a great shame. Though it’s rushed out so kinda expected that. The atmosphere just isn’t right, the original had a cyberpunk-ish oppressive tone under the bright color, Crackdown 2 had too much bleak zombie beating up.

I must admit though that gameplay wise it’s actually improved from 1, so maybe without the charm of seen Crackdown the first time, I looked at it more critically

Hopefully they get Crack 3 right. Say, fighting an equal agent.

(And please use Crackdown 2 2009 E3 reveal trailer’s art style, it looked great)

5. StolenGlory

@3 Top banana. Cheers for the feedback mate.

6. M2Kx

I have also to admit, that crackdown 2 is not a bad game, but the greatest problem it has is, that from the first minute it doesn’t feel like the first one. That’s way I still didn’t finish it :/