Prototype 2 announced for 2012

Sunday, 12th December 2010 03:00 GMT By Johnny Cullen

prototype 2

Prototype 2 has been announced at the VGAs.

The game, developed by Radical, sees a new main character, Sgt. James Heller, attempt to destroy previous main character, Alex Mercer, following the events of the first game.

It confirms weeks of speculation as to what the “Murder Your Maker” campaign revolved around, with the final nail being last weekend’s teaser featuring footage from the first game.

It’s out in 2012. No platforms. Trailer’s below.

1. Lazerate

MEH.

2. Hunam

This could be amazing. Thankfully looks like they are keeping in touch with the first one’s gameplay. Awesome chaos is awesome!

3. Erthazus

No changes… Basically same visuals already…

I’m now skeptical…

4. Crysis

I’m pretty interested, loved the original, much more than inFamous 1 tbh, but inFamous looks like it’s taken a huge leap from the last game, have high hopes for both, but i love the larger scale in [PROTOTYPE], playing as Cole MacGrath makes you feel like Alex Mercer’s side kick.
    “Basically same visuals” aww, how cute, you got that from a 1 minute trailer when there’s still well over a year left for development.

5. G1GAHURTZ

Wanna get this!

6. TraceableX

Graphics don’t look any good.

First one was boring.

7. AHA-Lambda

2012 for this? Just sad O_o

8. OrbitMonkey

Is announcing your game, when its still got over a year to release, the *new* thing? I could give a fuck. Tell me what you got, when its 6 months to launch k?

9. Crysis

@8, Sega did this with Aliens Colonial Marines, they announced it too damn soon, all my interest has dried up over it now.

10. MegaGeek1

2012, really?!!?

Polyphony Digital should give “anti-hype” lessons to devs with hot properties thinking about fucking with people this far in advance

11. YoungZer0

I’ll wait and watch. I loved the first one, but there were a lot of things wrong with it. Still, that was freakin’ amazing.

12. Suikoden Fan

did anyone else find prototype got rather hard near the end of the game?

13. YoungZer0

Yes, the game was rather unbalanced. Whenever a new enemy was introduced, you got to fight him 5 times at the first meet.

14. freedoms_stain

@12, I actually gave up on my 1st shot, then left it so long that I had to start from the beginning to re-learn the basics, and I have to say that on the 2nd attempt something clicked and I really *got* this game.

I basically found that keeping on the move was essential later on. Mercer is faster than anything else in the game once you’ve maxed out his movement abilities (do that asap), keep him on the move, pick your moments, and do a lot of aerial attacks.

15. Blerk

I was sort of interested in the first one and then the reviews put me off completely. Was it actually any good? I thought opinions were pretty much ‘meh’, so I’m surprised to see a sequel.

16. hjyu38

Wonderful.

Share a website with you ,

put this url in google sirch

(http://www.aamall.us )

Believe you will love it.

We accept any form of payment

17. DSB

I’m impressed that they didn’t just throw out the IP. That would’ve been the obvious choice. It takes balls to take a game that raw and still sell the potential for a sequel to execs who know little about videogames.

Prototype was unbalanced, ugly, dated, with an annoyingly emo story, but it still had gameplay that could easily rival Just Cause 2, which I think is one of the strongest (actually thé strongest) sandboxers out there.

Can’t speak for inFamous or anything else, but the fact that Prototype was still fun in spite of being such a mess pretty much tells me that if it had been finished properly, it would’ve been huge.

18. Gheritt White

GFX looks heaps better to me – if they sort out the balancing and pacing issues that plagued the first one (as well as the endlessly repeating city), then I might jump back on board… I only got about 70% through the first before getting bored.