Capcom: “Zero percent chance” of a MvC3 demo being released

Tuesday, 23rd November 2010 20:14 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

hulksmash

This makes our inner Hulk want to go smash.

During a Q&A session over on Capcom Unity, the firm’s VP of strategic planning Christian Svensson confirmed the bad news when asked what the “chances were” of a demo for MvC3: Fate of Two Worlds being released.

“Sorry, but zero percent,” said Svensson. “As with Street Fighter IV, there will be no demo for Marvel vs. Capcom 3.”

Svensson went on to answer questions regarding yet-to-be-revealed fighters, and said as far as Frank West was concerned, don’t “assume” anything.

He also defended Capcom’s DLC characters costing money instead of being free.

“DLC is part of the business model these days given the massive costs of production and can be the difference between a profitable product and an unprofitable product,” said Svensson.

So, basically we learned this: Don’t assume the teaser image outed ages ago is Frank West, DLC characters will continue to cost money, and there’ll be no MvC3 demo for you.

Smash.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds is out in February for PS3 and Xbox 360.

Via Joystiq, Event Hubs.

1. M2Kx

Don’t care, it’s an instabuy for me :>

2. xino

because they know that people who dislike broken MvC2 will not buy it.

i will not buy the piece of sh* if it doesn’t contain a mode that limits assist attack or no assist attack mode!

MvC 1 was the better game.

i’ll rent the game instead.

3. orakaa

What an arrogant prick !

I loved MvC 1&2, but I REALLY wasn’t sure about this one (I preferred the 2D aspect and don’t like the ‘plastic-toy’ look of MvC 3).

No demo and paying DLC characters in mass ? Then I won’t buy it…

There’s been video games for DECADES, way before the Internet was accessible to all, and studios just like Capcom managed to make a business out of it WITHOUT having to milk players like cows. This is outrageous…

4. MegaGeek1

Huge instabuy for me 2. Still big hairy balls about the DL characters though.

5. RETARDED VIKING

I don’t like 2.5D for fighting games i think it looks hideous imo, but regardless i’ll end up buying MvC3.

They should’ve gave it the Blaz Blue treatment.

6. RETARDED VIKING

Actually, i don’t like 2.5D sidescrollers period.Fucking ugly(except Shadow Complex)

7. MegaGeek1

I was really hoping they were going to go with the HD artwork too. Capcoms representation of Marvel characters is up their with some of the best (Wolverine, Juggernaut, Magneto, Cable anyone?).

8. Gekidami

The 3D models looks pretty damn good to me. MT Framework is a nice looking engine when it dosnt have to load alot of stuff.

9. The_Deleted

Me and the nipper will be at this day one.
    I think Demos cost money to get up as well, to be fair.