10 VGA premieres promised by Keighley

Tuesday, 23rd November 2010 12:25 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Keighley

Geoff Keighley has confirmed there will be at least ten premieres at next month’s Video Game Awards.

The event has already been confirmed to play host to premieres of Batman: Arkham City and a new BioWare project, which may be a Mass Effect-related game.

Guilemero Del Toro’s project with THQ, thought to be a sci-fi based trilogy, is also set for a reveal, as is Saints Row 3, according to the publisher’s core boss, Danny Bilson.

zombie-based title and Uncharted 3 are rumoured for showings, with the latter possibly set to be the exclusive reveal from Sony at an event the day after the VGAs.

Keighley said in a tweet:

“Lots more VGA news to come – probably 10 more premieres still to reveal. What would you like to see?”

Everything comes to a head on December 11.

Thanks, GoNintendo and GAF.

1. Erthazus

Keighley – Master of overhyping shit material.

2. Freek

And also why the VGAs are bullshit awards.

Do you see them pimping new movie reveals during the Oscars?

It’s SpikeTV nonsense. Here’s abunch of trailers and some awards for the famouse people who showed up.

3. Razor

VGA’s are just….awful.

4. Erthazus

VGA is just a popularity contest and great place to promote your product. Thats it.

5. StolenGlory

I just don’t like his face. Although, I couldn’t help but notice that after some measurement, there is a *perfect* groove in his face between his nose and cheekbone for my fist.

6. Blerk

Wait, people don’t actually watch the VGAs, do they?

7. Johnny Cullen

I have for the past two years via internet streams, although only for the trailers and not for the awards, which are shit.

I’ll be watching this year anyways if there’s any decent streams.

8. ianbenoir

I still say the Gillermo del Toro game must have something to do with his “The Strain” trilogy.. it is some kind of hybrid between zombies and vampires.. perfect for gamming.

9. Gekidami

I bet Resistance 3 will get a showing.

10. Mike

I fucking hate Geoff Keighley.

I bet the cunt doesn’t even play games. Fuck off with your cleaner-than-clean, shiny-white teeth, all-American Boy look and replace yourself with some a normal dude that doesn’t feign enthusiasm over every single fucking release just to encourage people in the industry to like him and be his friend. Utter wanker.

11. StolenGlory

My own sentiments echoed perfectly.

And with just the right amount of venom too :)

12. JimFear666

fuck keighley he’s always overhyping this show… I remember that last year he said that it would be huge and it was just … MEH!

13. Razor

Don’t think there are any streams this years. VGA’s are worth watching for the reveals, but nothing else.

14. typeface

Del Toro’s game most likely would have to do with HP Lovecraft as he said it’s more horror than sci-fi since he is doing the ‘At the mountains of madness’ for a 2013 release.
    So even if it’s sci-fi he would link the two projects I guess.

15. ReeceHeywood

Lol at the hate.

16. Johnny Cullen

Razor – Not on the official site, no. But I always watch them elsewhere. ;)

17. Hybridpsycho

Aye, I understand why people hate Kotick. But this guy? He’s just happy about games man. I’m a Game-Designer and every small project one completes is art in your own eyes, if ye don’t totally screw up that is.

So is the things yer friends make, art…I don’t see a reason why you should “Hate” him ’cause he overhypes things lol.
    You’ve understood that he overhypes, fine…don’t expect to much then :)

18. Stephany Nunneley

@5 & 10 – :D :D

19. Gama_888

GTA 5!!!

20. Michael O’Connor

8 of them will be iPod games that nobody cares about.

21. theevilaires

Some funny comments in here. #1 is correct but why all the hate for the guy. At least he’s less annoying than that moron from G4 Kevin something.

22. The1stMJC

Great 10 premiere trailers for games we know are coming out that show little to no gameplay, YAY? Keighley always promises big things and never comes through.

Also fuck the VGAs their award show holds back the gaming industry it could be done classy and taken serious, but instead it just 2nd rate celebrities and douchy humor.

23. The Hindle

A few guesses,

New Hitman,
    New Tomb Raider,
    Resistance 3 gameplay
    Kingdoms gameplay
    Alan wake 2 reveal
    Darksiders 2 reveal
    plus some movie tie in crap.

24. Mike

He’s the cool kid who wanted to be a dork at school but never quite fit in with either bunch because as he’s such a twat that even the thick-goggled dweebs had him sussed.

There. I can sleep now.

25. Gekidami

I’d say thats pretty reasonable, apart from Alan Wake 2, it’s to soon imo.

26. xino

@1 definitely AGREE!
    the guy knows how to trick just like Hip Hop Gamer with exaggerated titles.

27. tontsa91