Bethesda updates on Fallout: New Vegas fixes

Friday, 22nd October 2010 02:21 GMT By Justin Kranzl

falloutnewvegasFallout: New Vegas may have enjoyed a solid critical reception (with the odd exception) but paying customers soon found plenty of things going awry once the game went on sale.

Bethesda has been patching and fixing like mad ever since. Senior producer Jason Bergman took some time to update on the team’s progress via the Bethesda forums.

Bergman advised a new patch for the PC version has just gone live – one which addresses save games. For now the new patch will also disable Steam Cloud functionality until Bethesda is confident they have the problem solved.

On the topic of saved games – this time on the Xbox 360 version – Bergman has some advice:

“…we are aware that a small group of 360 users are seeing a DLC warning which is preventing you from loading save games. We are absolutely looking into this bug now, along with other reports of save game corruption. It is our highest priority right now that we find out what is causing it. In the meantime, we recommend you save often, and revert to an older save if this occurs.”

The update mentions PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the PC update from yesterday – the one fixing quest and scripting issues – is in the final stages of testing. Over 200 fixes are included, Bergman notes.

1. OrbitMonkey

Lol, fuck me man I really wanted to get this tmro, but shit these stories are putting a dampner on my enthusiasm :D

2. Phoenixblight

They are exaggerated, while there are bugs they do not not pop up as often as media portrays. I am 20 something hours in and have only came upon bug twice where autowalk was stuck on. I haven’t seen twisted head or my game hasn’t crashed. I have spoken to quite a few people and they have only experienced one or two bugs none of them game breaking.

3. freedoms_stain

Yeah man. I’m gonna wait a bit on this.

I ended up spending more on dlc than I paid for the game with FO3, think I’ll wait and see where NV goes.

4. frostquake

Um the Bugs are real, just watch YouTube. 5 Friends bought and 3 Have the Message about DLC keeping them from loading saves, and it seems random, doesn’t happen all the time, 1 friend has corrupt saves and had to restart the game all the way at the beginning, and he had spent around 14 hours on it.

So no way am I buying this, I will wait for GOTY! sans bugs!

5. Dralen

Phoenixblight is correct, I am also several hours in and I haven’t seen a single one of the bugs that are being showed on youtube.

6. LordCancer

@2 every obsidian game ever made has been chock full of bugs. so count your blessings if you haven’t had any game ending bugs because the combination of a bethesda game engine and obsidian technical prowess is perfect cluster bug fuck.

@5 every bethesda game has game ending bugs… play them long enough and you always find them morrowind, oblivion, fallout 3.

it isn’t an exaggeration if people are experiencing them. some people can’t even play the game it’s so fucked up but hey, lets listen to you guys so the game never gets patched cause thats best for everyone.

7. freedoms_stain

It’s the save corruption thing that concerns me. That would fuck me right off.

8. LordCancer

rule of thumb when playing bethesda games save often and save new save every time so when it hits you only lose ten twenty at the most an hour.

the dlc one stopping you from even playing is just plain sloppy. another reason why dlc sucks besides the fact that every game with dlc takes twice as long to start up it corrupts everything and ruins main quest hello bioware… shits getting old.

9. Phoenixblight

@Lord Cancer,

I did not say the bugs did not exist I said the chances of them happening are being exaggerated. I have experienced more bugs in Witcher prepatch than this game. Yes, I know about Bathesda engines and Obsidian programming skills. Every RPG that is expansive as this game will have bugs its inevitable.

10. Psychotext

Game of the year edition for me methinks. Let all the beta testers work out the bugs. ;)

11. LordCancer

lol @ 10 thats what i am thinking. actually i may pick up the collectors edition for 30 down the line no sense paying 80 for it right? i mean what the fuck do i do with a bobble head and a lunch box anyhow? guess i could put some fallout cards and poker chips in it ha! end up buying gotye’s anyway in addition to the originals, might as well skip the first step for once and save some cash.

12. Blerk

I think I might wait until after Christmas for this one, as much as I want it.

13. XDamage

First patch for the game on PS3 and 360 was released last night.

I have now played it on PS3 for many hours. It has crashed once, but I have not seen any annoying bugs/glitches yet. :)