AC: Brotherhood PS3 will be the same as 360 version, says Ubi Montreal

Monday, 18th October 2010 09:49 GMT By Johnny Cullen

assassinscreed5

Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood will be the same on both PS3 and 360 when it releases next month, Ubisoft Montreal’s assured.

“At the end of ACII we realised that the PS3 was sort of an afterthought – or, not that it was an afterthought, but we hadn’t fully debugged it until the very end, and we had a bunch of frame-rate issues and quality issues,” level design content director Phillipe Bergeron told IGN.

“This time around we knew that, because we went through it once, so we decided to attack it from the beginning and I think the final product is much more on the level, and even on some parts, the frame-rate is probably sometimes better on the PS3 than it is on 360.”

Bergeron’s comments follow widespread complaints that the PS3 version of Assassin’s Creed II was not up to scratch with the 360 version.

Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood releases on November 16 in the US and November 19 in the UK for PS3 and 360. It’s releasing for PC next year.

1. Blerk

I don’t remember any complaints about ACII. The first game, yeah. But was the second one wonky as well? I remember playing it on PS3 at the EG Expo and it seemed fine.

2. Aimless

The PS3 version of ACII did suffer from notably more framedrops and screen tearing. Not to say that the 360 version was solid as a rock, but it definitely performed better.

Certainly the multiplayer demos I’ve played of Brotherhood appeared on par, which is to say their performance seemed consistent with the last 360 outing. Then again I’d expect the singleplayer to be more technically taxing, so if there is a disparity it’ll likely rear its head there.

3. 2plus2equals5

“Brotherhood PS3 will be the same as 360 version” it’s official, 360 version is better… :|

4. Joe Anderson

I’m really confused by this too, I thought the PS3 version was awesome. Ah well.

5. cookiejar

Im going through AC2 on the PS3 now actually and haven’t had that many (if any) problems with it. But if Brotherhood is even better..well great.

6. Aimless

It mainly comes down to how sensitive you are to screentearing. I see it as a scourge that needs to be eradicated from all games, but some people apparently don’t notice it.

In any case, ACII tore around three to four times as often on PS3.

7. tenthousandgothsonacid

Ac1 on the ps3 was so bad I traded it. I’m playing ac2 now on the ps3 and it’s a lot better but it’s a tear fest once you get up high which is a real shame.

8. Johnny Cullen

I know there was issues in the first game, having owned it on PS3 before I got the 360 version.

But I have a press copy of ACII for PS3, and it performed absolutely fine. I don’t get it. :S

9. itsucks

ASS CREED ps3 was atrocious em screen-tearing and frame-rate drops in weither paning/rotating custcenes and in In-Game. They almost fixed that on the second game, but it suffered from glaring frame-rate problems in combat.

Both still perform with shitty pop-in.

10. Kuwabara

hey “itsucks” read this. “and even on some parts, the frame-rate is probably sometimes better on the PS3 than it is on 360.” !!

11. manamana

“…but we hadn’t fully debugged it until the very end, and we had a bunch of frame-rate issues and quality issues,”

And when you know that, try at least to program it in a way, that you can fix it after release with a download. I have not played a single Ubisoft game without screen tearing, which annoys me a lot.