Top Cow clearing up rights issues for The Darkness 2

Saturday, 9th October 2010 14:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

darkness

“I got my first kiss down here. I was fifteen. Some hooker named Candy. She crossed her legs, broke my sunglasses. Good times.” – Jackie Estacado.

Oh Jackie, how we’ve missed you, and your short monologues during loading screens.

Hopefully, we’ll be able to hear more of these little nuggets of wisdom and humor sooner rather than later, because Top Cow is clearing up rights issues for a sequel.

“There are certain rights issues that we needed to clear up in order to move ahead with The Darkness 2,” Joystiq was told by a Top Cow sales and marketing director Atom! Freeman at NY Comic Con this morning.

“Those are getting cleared up. While there are no specific plans, it is definitely that is still on all of our minds.

“We loved the game. The fans loved the game. There’s no reason to not do another one. Just making sure that all of our ducks are in a row so that we can begin that process.”

We’ll continue to keep hope alive, then. Until then, we’ll have to get our fix by digging out our Accursed collections of it.

1. AHA-Lambda

would like to see more of the darknes, loved that game! :D

2. Dimacorgan

Plus, I hope Mike Patton’ll be back for the Darkness’ voice, he was simply amazing!

3. Soong

Top Crow??? Don’t you guys mean Top Cow, the creators and owners of the Darkness ip? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Cow_Productions

4. absolutezero

Top Crow :D

5. freedoms_stain

Good game, I’d like to see them go back and balance it up a bit more.

6. Stephany Nunneley

/kills self in a very violent manner

I am going to get new eyes ffs. Damn the Crow movie was in my head with this – always is. Even when I read the comics. I even read Witchblade ffs.

7. Isaaclarke37

I loved the first game and i really want to see how this one work out.

8. ..the darkness..