Eurogamer Expo 2010 – Off-screen GT5 footage shows Rome

Friday, 1st October 2010 10:40 GMT By Johnny Cullen

gt5night

Hit the break to see some off-screen footage of Gran Turismo 5 as it approaches a month before launch.

The clips shows a lap around Rome and features several landmarks from the city, including the colosseum.

And kudos to whomever was driving for that spin. You’re a real Lewis Hamilton, you are.

Gran Turismo 5 launches on November 3 in the UK for PS3.

1. Erthazus

I want that so much. B-Spec :D Mmm.

2. onlineatron

I will play this Sunday.

3. Blerk

That seems to be a very strange position to drive from. Why’s he sitting off to the side instead of in front of the screen? No wonder he’s shit. :-D

4. 2plus2equals5

I don’t like “realistic” games(especially sport and driving) and games with millions of things to collect, but damn! This has random generated tracks! And graphics are incredible!

5. Blerk

Randomly-generated tracks? Really? That’s kind of cool.

6. 2plus2equals5

@5: it has “normal” tracks and an editor for random generated tracks.
    If i’m not wrong you can specify length, number of curves etc and it generates the track.

7. Psychotext

Editor is probably not the right word… but you are right, you do specify a number of parameters that the track generator uses to create your random track.

8. orakaa

I don’t have a driving license, I don’t especially like simulation games…… but I remember having fun with the first Gran Turismo… and when I saw the trailer with the rain effects and so on, I decided to buy the game

9. spiderLAW

Cant wait :)

10. ruckus

The release version better support more than 7 AI. Though way better than Forza’s poxy effort, the steering wheel hands animation should be way better after all this time.

11. robmlufc

@10, I think its 16 cars on track in single player and online, the same as Prologue.

You can randomly generate a rally stage and send it to your friends to see who gets the fastest time :)

12. Psychotext

@11: Yeah, that’s going to be great for some online fun. Especially if you set it to night, and maybe raining. :D