Xbox Live Fall Update Preview Program now live

Thursday, 30th September 2010 03:42 GMT By Nathan Grayson

xbox360logo2

A new UI? Meh. ESPN? No thanks. Zune Music? Not interested.

Wait, you say our Avatars have longer legs now? Is this… is this what the future feels like?

If you signed up and were accepted into Microsoft’s preview program, your Xbox is now ready to download the brand new dashboard. Just turn on your machine, sign in to Xbox Live, and – presto! – your Avatar will magically grow six inches taller. Also, you’ll get a bunch of other stuff or whatever, like ESPN, Netflix search functions, and Zune Music.

Enjoy!

1. polygem

Yeh ok, but i want avatar tats: daggers, skulls, snakes, spartan helmets and blue and red flags – one for my left and one for my right avatar knee so i can finally wear shorts…

2. Blerk

When does it go live for everyone else? Do we know?

3. CptKurk

“Live Fall Update Preview Program now live”. My head is spinning. My avatar’s is probably too.

4. evilashchris

Sign up and break some things that used to work! :D

5. frostquake

Did a Beta in the last one, and it corrupted my save files. So had to start over several games! The rest of you can be guinea pigs! I will pass, until forced!

6. LOLshock94

why have netflix when ya can have skymovies????????

7. cookiejar

Its alright. Much more family friendly I Reckon, seems more squared off.

But we (UK) haven’t got ESPN, or Zune Music (yet) so theres not that much to play around with it.

My Avatar has shot up though. I think he went through puberty.

8. Mauller

Lol, I can finally talk to people using party chat again, now that more people are signing up for this. I’ve been in silence ever since getting into Kinect beta.

9. joshua nash

i signed up and was accepted into the program and i haven’t got the update yet