Fallout Online teases “Church of Harold”

Monday, 20th September 2010 14:27 GMT By Johnny Cullen

fallout online

Interplay’s released some new teaser stuff for Fallout Online, this time focusing on “The Church of Harold”.

A viral website opened up over the weekend, detailing one of the series’s long running characters, Harold the Ghoul, and a “Church of Harold” that will be “open to all”.

The MMO has no date yet, but a beta is set to kick off in 2012.

That’s unless Fallout IP owner Bethesda wins its court case against Interplay and stops the game’s release.

Thanks, Big Download.

1. DSB

Seems a bit silly to me.

Although finding Harold in Fallout 3 was one of the few highlights I got from that game.

2. revolting

@1 Indeed, stumbling across Fallout 3′s Harold did make me smile, rightfully accounted for in his place as one of the trio of characters to appear in every (non-spinoff) game.

That said, when I got the Church of Harold e-mail the other day, I had very mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, Harold seems an obvious inclusion for Fallout Online, as one of the cornerstones of the series, but on the other, it seems very much like an obvious and underhand attempt to denounce Bethesda’s Fallout 3 continuity. Obviously Fallout Online and Fallout 3 were never really going to coexist without undermining each other, but this just seems a tad petty?

Oh well. It’ll be interesing to see where Interplay go with it nonetheless… if it doesn’t cave in on itself.

3. LOLshock94

i got this its the handymannnn

4. Gekidami

Yep, The Armageddon Rag. Sign up on the MMO’s official site, VG247 people. You’d have got this in your inbox about 3 days ago if you did. No need to credit other sites then.

5. DSB

Pretty insane that they’d make a mail that anonymous looking if they wanted people to read it.

I just dug it out of my spam mail. Thanks Gekidami.

@2 Well, I’m with Interplay in that whole deal. I realize it’s probably misguided, and they’ll never make the MMO, but I don’t think Bethesda have approached the whole universe with any kind of passion.

Fallout 3 was a good game, it just wasn’t a good Fallout game.