Joe’s Adventures DLC pack adds more story to Mafia II

Thursday, 16th September 2010 14:50 GMT By Debabrata Nath

mafiaII9

2K Games today announced a third story-oriented DLC pack for Mafia II, which is slated to release later this year.

Titled Joe’s Adventures, the content will be downloadable from PSN, XBLA and Steam.

The pack will offer a story-based adventure with you put in the footsteps of Joe Barbaro, the childhood best friend of the main game’s protagonist, Vito Scaletta.

The story will follow the events during Vito’s time in prison, and will see Joe uncover the truth behind Vito’s prison sentence and what’s really going on in the Clemente family.

Promising a “dramatic storyline” with “intense arcade style” gameplay, the DLC will unlock several new locations to explore in Empire Bay, which includes a train station, the cathouse, a boat yard, a lakefront and some new buildings which were not visible before.

Several new items will also be available in the DLC, such as new clothing, collectibles and additional classic tunes from the forties and fifties.

No concrete release date or pricing details were provided.

1. evilashchris

I think I’ll hang on for a game of the year edition of this, by all accounts the DLC is more exciting than the actual game.

2. macronia

well that’s very interesting

however i still need to play jimmy’s betrayal on PC

3. A4-F8

I just wanna know what happend to joe.

4. Yoshi

Is it me or has that screenshot just wrecked the entire DLC? Why would they show you Joe dies soon as they announce this DLC!

@2 The DLC is decent, sometimes you feel wtf am I doing as it seems like your just going to one location to a next killing X amount of people then repeat for no reason, hardly any chase scenes or anything. I think the thing that really lacked in the DLC was story as it just tells you the missions in text, no cutscenes or anything.

5. xavdeman

@3. I hope they change the ending, too.
    But I fear that this game will go down in history without the DLC greatness attached to its name. That must be why the developers are so desperate to get this stuff out asap.

6. Max Pain

btw… this game wount come in a “game of the year” edition… becouse no one will give GOTY to this game …

maybe it will come in a “complete edition”