TGS: “Some incredibly cool Kinect news” coming this week, says MS

Monday, 13th September 2010 07:07 GMT By Johnny Cullen

kinect3

So here we are. After San Francisco, Los Angeles and Cologne, we’ve come to the last stop in gaming’s conference calendar: Tokyo. And it sounds as though Microsoft’s readying some decent Kinect news.

Major Nelson’s said on the latest episode of his podcast there will be some big Kinect news coming this week from Tokyo Game Show.

“We have some cool Kinect news, that’s all I can say right now,” he said, before someone else on the show jumped in and added:

“Wait, no: we have some incredibly cool Kinect news.”

Microsoft’s already said more reveals for the motion camera will be coming this week in Japan following its announcement of a 250Gb bundle with the tech last week.

Expect whatever the news is to come out of the Microsoft-led TGS keynote on Thursday, with Microsoft Games Studios boss Phil Spencer and Xbox Japan chief Takashi Sensui delivering the speech.

Listen to the podcast here. He begins mentioning it at 20:28.

1. Michael O’Connor

Interesting.

2. Aimless

Maybe they’ve cancelled it.

3. mington

Hey Microsoft, the 1980′s phoned, Johnny 5 wants his head back.

4. Blerk

I’m thinking it’ll be…. something dull and/or shit. That nobody cares about.

Just a guess, mind. :-D

5. evilashchris

I hope it’s a 50% price cut :D

6. Blerk

It’d make sense – they already implemented a 50% feature cut.

7. Tonka

wipes coffee from screen

8. Robo_1

We’re on form this morning folks. :D

9. Blerk

I’m here all week. Apart from Friday.

10. Erthazus

If it will have 50% price cut. Well if it will, than Natal will be hit, even without Justin Bieber :D

or just rename it to NATAL. Kinect name SUCKS!

11. Hybridpsycho

Is it going to work just like they promised when they made it? :O

12. itsucks

Were is Butthrt Erzatwatzus & Crybabysis… oh there they are, midst the sea of tears. Hope you drown, PoS(3).

13. Galactic_Barret

itsucks is awesome. He and TEA need to be in a cage match.

Unless, its all just a show for the prize(s) at the end of the year. Can’t hate on that.

14. guapo

I must admit i agree with #13 100%

15. theevilaires

@13 &14

Don’t associate me with that lunatic. The difference between me and him is that he’s a raging smear campaign for M$. I just point out the ugly truth you don’t like to hear about why the PS3 deserves to be the main console devs need to focus on.

HUGE DIFFERENCE. If you want to see a cage match with me and someone else your sister or mom would do just perfectly. I’m sure I could convince them both to see things my way ;) (make sure your sister is at least 18 and your mom not over 35 please :D )

ON TOPIC: We’ll see I guess. I saw that new dashboard video Johnny posted. It was hot. I liked the BGM too.

16. footiemadman007

Are they going to announce some new 1-vs-100 feature that uses Kinect in some way?