Marvel Costume Pack 4 hitting LBP on August 17

Friday, 13th August 2010 19:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

greengoblin

Marvel has announced LittleBigPlanet will be the proud recipient of its Costume Pack 4 on August 17.

It will contain Hulk, Storm, Green Goblin, Magneto, and the Punisher.

We can’t decide if we like Hulk or Green Goblin the best, to be honest.

Packs 1 – 3 are already available, and include: Iron Man, Thing, Mystique, Daredevil, Doctor Octopus, Thor, Spider-Man, Human Torch, Elektra, Ghost Rider, Captain America, Invisible Woman, Rogue, Venom and Wolverine.

All packs will run you $5.99 each or $1.99 individually.

Get shots of the latest Marvel sackboys and gal below.

1. The1stMJC

Finally, little sister has been calling me every Tuesday to know if Storm has been released for LBP.

2. theevilaires

I wonder how much SONY has made off the LBP DLC so far. Evidently they must be making a shit load to be releasing new costume packs every week.

3. onlineatron

Same.

I’ve never downloaded any DLC for the game other than the free stuff, and I don’t know anybody who has either.

I can imagine to level pack stuff sells well, but the costumes seem trivial right now.

HOWEVER, the costumes can be carried over to LBP2 and used in conjunction with the ‘sackbots.

AI controlled characters with marvel costumes screamed awesome to me! (well, that and levels infringing on copyright patents).

4. Boris Fett

@3 If they’re using costume from the game, that probably limits any possible “infringement” that there could be.

5. onlineatron

I suppose.

But I wonder if Media Molecule/Sony signed contracts with these companies (such as Disney and Konami) with foresight. Will they be allowed to have all the costumes work in a completely different game?

It seems they’d have to pay more for that.
    (Unless the companies are paying Sony for the advertising)

6. poopoofruits

@5 marvel and sony made a contract a year ago.

7. HotSexyGirlVideo.com

I like the Green Goblin lovely big ears

8. onlineatron

Disney owns Marvel so therefore Sony and Disney made the contract… But that’s just me being pedantic.

What I really want to know is: Will the MGS stuff be compatible with LBP2? After all the game probably wasn’t on the table when that contract was signed, so will they have the rights to use it in a sequel?