LEGO Harry Potter moves 2.7 million copies

Wednesday, 4th August 2010 21:51 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

legoharrypotter

Holy Cauldron Cakes! That’s quite a number there, Potter.

Warner Bros has released its financial results for Q2 2010, and in it, the company revealed LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 has sold 2.7 million copies ’round the globe.

LEGO Batman has sold over 7 million units since its release in 2008, and it looks like Potter may eventually catch up to the masked man.

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, released in June.

1. Hunam

Where can I get my own money hat?

2. Stephany Nunneley

No idea, but when you find one, give me directions to the store please.

3. HitMan

WoooooooooooooW!

4. NiceFellow

Holy Bananas. You add in Lego Indy – which must have sold well, too – and between Lego Batman, Indy and this you’re talking enormous numbers!

With the LEGO versions of games selling better than the non-LEGO stuff no wonder so many suitable franchises (Potter, etc) are more than happy to go this way.

Assuming the Traveler’s Tales guys signed a nice contract and have lots of stock options in their company they should be doing very well for years to come.

And the damn things sells well and can be easily supported on all three main platforms this generation.

5. Tonka

I’ve only played LEGO Star Wars and I thought it was shit. Then only good thing about LEGO games is that it produces cool LEGO sets.

When I was a kid I had to stick a black knights helmet on a minifig and pretend he was batman. Made a cape and cut out yellow sticker for his chest plate. Did similar things for Star Wars, Indy and Ghostbusters. Now they have these crazy cool figures and kits.

What will be the next franchise? My fingers are crossed for Ghostbusters.

6. Tonka

Or Goonies!

7. Blerk

LEGO Ghostbusters would be sweet! I’d get some of that. For the kids, obviously.

8. DrDamn

Harry Potter is a really good fit for their standard Lego game model. It’s a great game, but probably a bit samey as an experience if you’ve already down other Lego games to death.

9. Callum

Designing for kids is tough…but these guys have it nailed to the floor! Personally, I would vote for lego Power Rangers…I think thatd be awsum.

10. NiceFellow

Ghostbusters, Goonies and Power Rangers are great ideas. I saw a site asking for LEGO Red Dead Redemption, which would be a hoot too IMHO.

I’d also like then to re-do Star Wars properly now they’ve finally sorted out, with Indy and Potter, proper split screen offline coop.

I’d love a LEGO Alien as well, but I’m like that. Just imagine the cute LEGO Aliens.