Vanquish gets “Casual Auto” mode

Thursday, 29th July 2010 10:02 GMT By Johnny Cullen

vanquish4

It’s now even easier than before to let granny Alice play games. At least it will be when Vanquish comes out.

Platinum Games has announced details of a new difficulty mode for Vanquish, known as “Casual Auto”.

It’s in similar vein to Bayonetta’s “Easy Auto” mode back in January.

“Before we started work on it, I can’t say that I had high hopes; however, once we got it up and running, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was wrong,” said director Shinji Mikami on the dev’s official blog.

“Once you get your target on the enemy, the rest is easy as pie. I’m sure saying it that way makes it sound totally uninteresting, but when you actually give it a shot, the tempo it gives the game play will make you jump up and say, ‘Woohoo!’”

For the super hardcore, there’s “God Hard” mode. So don’t panic.

“This mode is only for the chosen few (you can’t select it on your first play through). If you are a bit of a masochist, I think you will have a good time. It is something for our fans to look forward to,” said Mikami.

Vanquish releases worldwide in October for PS3 and 360.

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. alimokrane

Why OH Why is it that ALL games DON’T allow us to choose the highest difficulty on our first play through? and Why OH Why is it that higher difficulty levels are only unlocked after your first play through? This needs to change! I like playing on the highest difficulty from the get go! because guess what, I don’t have time to play all games let alone play one game twice.

Someone please hear my crying…..

2. Blerk

It does seem kind of weird that they won’t let you choose all of the difficulty modes from the off.

3. freedoms_stain

@1, some games are genuinely too difficult on the hardest settings if you don’t already know the controls/game inside out and backwards.

I think I’d just have cried and curled up in a ball if I’d played Bayonetta on its hardest difficulty 1st time round given how hard some of the sections were on Normal.

4. Blerk

But shouldn’t it still be your choice?

5. Hunam

Yes and No. Designers don’t want gamers to ruin the exprience for themselves so sometimes you have to upset a few folks.

6. frostquake

Yes…I am super Happy that they are giving me this Mode again…I am that person who is along for the enjoyment of the ride, not the challenge.

That was the reason I bought Bayo, because of Super Easy mode!

7. Crysis

I’m with frosty here, i do like a little challenge, but when i start dying constantly i enjoy the game a hell of a lot less