Mass Effect 2 getting new weapons pack

Sunday, 25th July 2010 17:20 GMT By Joe Anderson

ME2 CE

BioWare announced the latest DLC for Mass Effect 2, Lair of the Shadow Broker, earlier this week, but one eagle-eyed fan has spotted something no-one else did: new weapons.

After the fan pointed out the new weapons which were clearly on show in the latest screens, BioWare’s Jarrett Lee made a post on the games board saying more info on the new weapons pack DLC will be announced very soon.

“As Christina [Norman of BioWare] tweeted, some of the new guns you are seeing in those screens are not in the Lair of the Shadow Broker pack. They are in fact part of a different pack that will be released prior to Lair of the Shadowbroker – more details coming very soon. While this was simply intended to tease them I can see how it could be misleading, so I must apologize for that,” said Jarrett.

He did go on to say though, that while the weapons pack wasn’t actually part of Lair of the Shadow Broker, there is plenty more to look forward to.

“Lair of the Shadow Broker does, however, contain some *really* cool stuff we haven’t revealed yet so stay tuned for more details as we head into August. And actually the very coolest part of the DLC (imho) will be something we absolutely won’t reveal in the marketing or PR, to avoid spoiling it. I think most of you will find it to be our most satisfying DLC release yet for ME2.

There is not much else to go on for now, but there we go, looks like you will be entering the Lair of the Shadow Broker with some new toys.

No date yet for the DLC.

Thanks, BigDownload.

1. RETARDED VIKING

please be a lightsaber.

2. Phoenixblight

You will never see melee in Mass Effect that has been stated multiple times.

3. RETARDED VIKING

A man can only dream!

4. daytripper

i want post suicide mission DLC, designed to take place after the main event and lead up/hint to Mass 3

5. Demiath

Weapon DLC is pointless for a game like Mass Effect 2…but that won’t stop me from buying every bit of extra content Bioware puts out for one of the best action RPGs ever made.

6. Old MacDonald

Sigh. Even more DLC? I’d like a proper expansion.

7. Moonwalker1982

It would be nice if the new weapons DLC would be free. Since there’s several paid DLC out now for the game and upcoming.

8. frostquake

Yes Bioware I am your Whore…I will clean myself up for you and shower if you bring me a New Star Wars Game on the Console…Promise!

9. ashdcuk

@2 PhoenixBlight
    “You will never see melee in Mass Effect that has been stated multiple times.”
    Except in the 1st game. They must have broken that promise pretty early…

10. Mauller

@daytripper
    You will likely see that closer to ME 3 release. I remember them saying that they wanted to release DLC to tie them together.