MvC3 line-up gets Thor and Amaterasu

Thursday, 22nd July 2010 10:34 GMT By Johnny Cullen

mvc32

Marvel’s outed two new characters to the line-up of Marvel vs Capcom 3 ahead of its ComicCon panel tomorrow.

On the Capcom side of things, Amaterasu from Okami is included, while Marvel’s Thor also gets a nod.

The announcement comes on the back of news yesterday of four other characters joining the roster: Street Fighter’s Chin-Li and Devil May Cry’s Trish on the Capcom side, as well as Dr. Doom and Super-Skrull from Marvel.

Big stuff, kids.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 releases next spring for PS3 and 360.

Thanks, D’Toid.

1. LOLshock94

this is getting better and better

2. dtyk

YES!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU CAPCOM!!!!

3. mington

lots of screen shots

and trailers

Capcom comic-con recorded stream

4. Demiath

Amaterasu was quite unexpected, and really shows that for all the nextgen 3D gloss, this installment is still “way out there” in the sense that a series like MVC is known for. I really don’t understand fighting games, but I know a God-wolf when I see her…

5. Boris Fett

Amaterasu?!

I think I just died and went to heaven…

6. spiderLAW

i guess i am the only one that found Okami to be shallow and mediocre. But still is cool to see more diverse characters.

7. theevilaires

I never played Okami :D I need to find it and add it to my collection.

8. Blerk

Okami was fan-bloody-tastic. I wish they’d do a non-handheld sequel.

9. mington

i couldn’t finish okami, i found it sooooooo boring, you could just watch paint dry and save yourself five quid ;)

These are all characters which have been reported to NOT feature in the game, taken from various sources (May be BS)

Daredevil
    Emma Frost
    Gene
    Ghost Rider
    Phoenix Wright
    Punisher
    Tyrant (Resident Evil 1)
    Nemesis (Resident Evil 3)
    Mr. Fantastic (Fantastic Four)
    Invisible Woman (Fantastic Four)
    Human Torch (Fantastic Four)
    The Thing (Fantastic Four)
    Amingo (MvC2)

Viewtiful Joe is 99% certain to be in, as there’s an unmistakable silhouette of him in the trailers

I think, considering how popular they were in the previous games, we’ll also see storm, magneto, spiderman, cable

And Psylocke and Rouge again as we’ve got no Marvel females yet (5 from capcom so far, Amaterasu is a lady)

10. Isaaclarke37

I think this will be the best arcade game of this time or maybe history but SF X Tekken will come first!