Assassin’s Creed III will feature “new setting, new hero”

Friday, 9th July 2010 14:37 GMT By Johnny Cullen

assassinscreed5

Bye bye, Ezio. Brotherhood will be the end of his story, with Assassin’s Creed III starting all over again.

“Assassin’s Creed 3: new setting, new hero. That’s the way it works,” associate producer Jean-Francois Boivin told Gamerzines when asked if we’d see a new location and main character in the next numbered title in the series.

“We know what we’re doing; we’ve had a plan for a long time where this license is going to go.”

Assassin’s Creed III won’t appear in retail until 2012 at the latest, as the series is taking a year off after the release of Brotherhood this November.

1. mington

Assassin’s Creed III will feature “new setting, new hero, same tired gameplay”

2. Bulk Slash

Ubi seem to be a lot less coy about talking about AC3 than they were about AC2 during its early days. I seem to recall they wouldn’t even acknowledge its existence, which initially had me worried we’d end up with another cliffhanger ending that is never resolved…

I just hope they stick to their promise of AC3 being the end of the current story, rather than finding some way to keep dragging things out over endless sequels.

3. Blerk

All of this ACIII talk seems to be purely designed as a way of saying “Brotherhood is not ACIII”. I wonder why they’re feeling the need to ram that home?

4. Bi50N

Probably because Crackdown “2″ happened…

5. Blerk

AC and Crackdown as so far removed from each other they may as well have originated on different planets. :-)

6. cookiejar

I thought Brotherhood WAS III.

7. Blerk

Aha! So it’s your fault! :-D

8. mington

@5 i think you’ve got the wrong end of the poo stick

i think he means that people are complaining about crackdown ’2′ because it just feels like an expansion and not a true sequel

9. Blerk

Oh, I see. I’ll wash my hands.

10. YoungZer0

I hope it will feature London around the Time when Jack the Ripper was an active member of the serial-killer family.

11. mington

@10 yeah i’ve thought that before, it would be ideal.

Although it may seem a bit strange having a london bobby chasing you across the roof tops

12. YoungZer0

That would be awesome!

Just think about the possibilities when it comes to the story. What if Jack the Ripper was a Member of the Knights? And the prostitutes were Assassins? Or the other way around? What if you’re Jack the Ripper? =)