Désilets: Assassin’s Creed won’t go down WWII route anytime soon

Monday, 28th June 2010 06:19 GMT By Johnny Cullen

assassinscreed26

Fancy taking on some Nazis any time soon in Assassin’s Creed? You’re going to be waiting a while.

Speaking with MTV Multiplayer before his departure from Ubisoft Montreal earlier this month, former creative director on the series Patrice Désilets said there’s no reason to visit the War’s timeline. For now, at least.

“I don’t see why we would do a World War II setting,” said Désilets. “We could do it, it would be fine. Like, let’s go assassinate Hitler. But really?

“I know everyone’s asking for a Japanese Assassin’s Creed, but I’ve been talking to some Japanese people and they’re like, ‘Don’t do it. We do our own historical thing.’”

He went on: “But I ask myself, how many games can we make in World War II? That’s maybe the only [setting] I’d say is not interesting to me.”

Désilets also promised that the series’s latest title, Brotherhood, will receive another jaw-dropping ending.

Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood releases on November 19 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. ybfelix

Yet how many MGS games the Japanese has done ? It’s not actual American history but AssCreed is hardly historical anyway.

2. satsugai

A Japanese Assassin’s Creed would be great, even one based during the American Civil War would be nice.

3. mington

god, how many AC games are they going to make.

They’ve made a cool little climbing engine thingy, why don’t they use it a create something else, like some a cell shaded comic book adventure or a dark gothic fantasy with magic and stuff

anyone read the night angel trilogy…make that in the AC engine \o/

4. AHA-Lambda

@3 – good point this in alot of ways started off as a spiritual successor to PoP and yet PoP has not had any innovation brought to it from the strides that this series has made.

PoP 2008 was different but not innovative and as for forgotten sands! >:(

Its just a poor knock off that harks back to the old ps2 days of 7 years ago (and isnt even as creative as it was back then). IGN can kiss my ass giving that a ****ing 8/10 >:(

5. Freek

Victorian age. Steampunk assasination gadgets!

6. Gheritt White

I’d be especially interested in an AC3 set in the French Revolution, but Victorian-era London would also make for a very cool setting – maybe something set around the Great Exhibition?

American Civil War strikes me as being a bit too similar to Red Dead Redemption to make it worthwhile.

7. revolting

@ mington just finished the Night Angel trilogy today, in fact. :D Absolutely awesome set of books, absolutely screams “I’m a third Assassin’s Creed, a third Prototype, a third Dragon Age, and 100% gaming material.” I’d love to see it get adapted, either into a game (stealth ‘em up rather than RPG please) or movie.